Forgetting You But Not The Time

"Will you, Gloria Rose, be my wife?" Sebastian asked me.

Wow...I didn't see that one coming. When he kneeled down in one knee I thought he was going to tie his shoe or something. But now that I think about it, we never went out to fancy restaurants like this. He never dressed up that nice for me. I never wore dresses like this to any of our dates. Ugh...I'm stupid. Did I really want to marry him? Did I want to spend the rest of my life with him? We've had 2 years as a couple. I think I should say...

"Yes." it came out in a small whisper.

He smiled. He slipped the ring in my finger and got up. He hugged me and picked me up, twirling me around.

"Thank you." he whispered as he set me down and kissed my cheek. I heard clapping and noticed that everyone in the restaurant had there eyes on us. I blushed. I didn't like the attention. This was romantic and all, but I just didn't like all that romantic stuff.

"Can we go home?" I whispered.

"Oh, sure." he said.

We left the restaurant after he paid the bill. The ride home was quiet. Sebastian was smiling like crazy but I wasn't. I was thinking. Was I willing to spend the rest of my life with him? Sure I loved him, but it was the kind of love that you doubted would last.

When we got to our apartment, I went to change and went to bed. I was scared of the commitment that I just said yes to. I was also scared that I would be living my life with Sebastian while always knowing that my heart didn't belong to him, but to someone else. Someone who had left 7 years ago but was still the owner of my heart. I felt stupid. He probably forgot about me and he still affects my life after 7 years of absence.

When Sebastian walked in, I pretended to be asleep. He got in bed next to me and kissed my cheek.

"I'll make you happy, I promise." he whispered. He didn't help my bad mood. He just made me feel guilty.

"Gloria. Wake up." Sebastian said.

"Huh? What?"

"Alexis is on the phone." he said.

"Ok." he gave me the phone.

"Hello?"

"Gloria!"

"Oh hi Alexis."

"Hey, what happened last night? I called you but you didn't answer."

"Oh...about that...can we meet at Starbucks? I'll tell you what happened."

"Is it bad?"

"I don't know."

"Gloria, your scaring me."

"Not as much as I'm scared. Uh...I'll see you in an hour?"

"Sure. I'll see you."

"Bye."

"Bye." I hung up and got out of bed. I went and took a quick shower.

As I was getting out of the shower, there was a knock on the bathroom door. Sebastian walked in. I just had my towel wrapped around me.

"Hi honey." he said and walked towards me.

"Hi."

"I just wanted to see if you were done so we could eat breakfast."

"I think I'll pass. I'm meeting Alexis in Starbucks. I'll eat something there."

"Okay." he said and kissed me. I kissed him back, but not as eagerly as I used to. I didn't feel that electricity we used to have. I pulled back.