Conversations

I picked at the white sheet that was covering my clothed body. I was in bed and was still thinking of what had happened last week. Should I call Maria?

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt Sebastian's arm circle my waist. He kissed my cheek.

"Mmm. Good morning, precious." he said.

"Morning." I replied.

He kissed my my neck and shoulder. I sighed.

"I'm gonna...get going. I need to call a friend." I said.

I got out of bed and walked to the living room. I sat on the couch, not even bothering to fix my messy hair. I got the house phone and dialed Maria's cellphone number. I still remembered it by heart and hoped it was still the same.

I waited patiently and someone picked up.

"Hello?"

"Maria?"

"Gloria! I thought you'd never call!"

I smiled. "Well...I called."

She laughed. "Yea, you did. How are you?"

"Great, and you?"

"I'm good. Mike is here driving me nuts along with Trè and...uhm...Billie Joe. They want to see you."

"All of them?"

"Well Mike and Trè are practically yelling at me to tell you to come over. Billie Joe isn't saying no so...I can make him leave."

"No. That's okay. I'll go. Where do you live?"

She told me where and I wrote it down on a piece of paper that was nearby.

"Alright. How long have you been living there?"

"Like a month? We moved in because we always wanted to live in this part of LA."

"We as in...."

"Mike, Trè, Billie Joe and I."

"All of you guys live together?"

"Yea. It's a big house, and loud with all these guys but it's happy."

"That's good. So when do you want me to go?"

"I'll let Trè answer that question. Trè?"

I heard the phone being handed over.

"Right now!" I heard Trè's voice blast through the phone. I laughed.

"Okay Trè. I'll get ready and go. Tell Maria that I'll see her right now. I'll see you in a few okay?"

"Yes! I'll see you Gloria!"

I hung up and laughed. Sebastian walked in the living room and sat on the couch just as I got up.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to my friend's house." I said and headed to my room.

I looked in my dresser and looked at my clothes. I didn't where band tees and skinny jeans as much as when I was with Billie Joe. But I still had them. I pulled out a Led Zeppelin shirt. Billie Joe had given me this one. Maybe I could wear it...

No. I didn't even know why I still had this shirt! I decided on wearing a white blouse and a red skirt. I put some black sandals and my favorite black cardigan.

I got my cellphone and put it in my skirt pocket. I fixed my short black hair and grab my keys.

"I'll be back later." I told Sebastian.