two

[ CHAPTER TWO ]

HE didn't know his name

HE didn't know his name. On top of that, he couldn't remember anything. The simple fact caused him to start breathing heavy, his heart began racing.

He couldn't remember anything until a name popped into his head.

Rae.

That can't be my name, He thought. Somehow he knew it wasn't his name as he got thrown into a whirlwind of visions that made his stumble back and fall flat on his rear.

A rush of emotions came flooding his body. Somewhat too fast that it made it out of control.

Sadness, anger, scared, happiness, love. All of these emotions were tied to the one name and the only face he could picture that was clear.

The young man realized that this girl was important to him. For what he could only assume be memories, came coming at him one by one inside his head. He suddenly got the feeling of sadness as he realized Rae wasn't with him.

Then he remembered.

She is here. She's up there. At the final destination, He thought. She'll be up there waiting for me!

A burst of joy enlightened him which was quickly shot down by the overbearing pain that she, Rae, would not remember him. Whoever 'him' was, she would have no clue who he was.

Just thinking about it broke his heart into pieces.

He had to get out of there. Somehow, someway, he needed to get out of the enclosed cage.

"Somebody... Help me!" His voice was rough. He needed water if anything.

Then the lift came to a complete stop and two doors
opened at the top.

The boy hid his face as his eyes got used to the sunlight. He saw that 30 boys surrounded him when he uncovered his face.

"Looks like klunk in a t-shirt." He heard someone say.

"You're the klunk, shuck-face." Another one replied.

Klunk? Shuck-face? He thought. The words slipped out of their mouthes like another language.

"Hope you enjoyed the one-way trip, Greenie."

"Ain't no ticket back, bro."

Who are these people? He asked himself.

The boy suddenly became cautious as one of the young men grabbed him, throwing him onto the grass.

END OF CHAPTER TWO