I - Mystery

I brushed my hands down my sides as I observed my outfit in the mirror

I brushed my hands down my sides as I observed my outfit in the mirror. Black jeans with shreds all the way down the front, a black lace up bodysuit, with a leather jacket over the top just for good measure. Black on black, as usual, but that's the way I liked it.

"Ready, Chloe?" My best friend of 16 years, Betty Cooper, asked me after she had finished sweeping a red lipstick across her lips, probably the boldest thing she ever wore.

I took her outfit in, all pastel and girly

I took her outfit in, all pastel and girly. No one in their right mind would ever put me and Betty together, but in our case, it really is true that opposites attract. I smiled, giving her a small nod, and she picked up her bag as we exited her room, saying goodbye to her parents and sister on our way out.

Our bestie, Kevin Keller, was throwing a party at his house tonight for Archie Andrews' birthday. And I could not wait to let loose, have a drink, and enjoy myself. I need this.
"Don't get too wasted, okay?" Betty worried, her hands gripping tightly onto the steering wheel as we drove through fair Riverdale.
"No promises, Betts" I winked at her in the brief second where she turned her head away from the road.
"Fine, but this time you're cleaning it up if you puke in the car" she smirked.

-

A couple hours later, I left Kevin alone dancing in his living room, much to his disappointment. Award for Riverdale's biggest lightweight, I was starting to feel beyond dizzy. A bit of fresh air sounded fine.

As I sat on Kevin's front lawn, the thoughts I had hoped the alcohol would help my brain forget, suddenly washed over me. There was no way to deny what we had all been through these last few months. The pain that we all had had to endure ever since Jason Blossom's disappearance on the 4th of July.

I shook my head, as though I was willing the thoughts to fly right out of it. 'It's all over now, Chloe' I thought to myself. Nothing to worry about. Archie's Dad's near death had finally been avenged, for a start, along with the murder of Miss Grundy and the attempted murder of Moose and Midge. Eventhough Jughead was now a fully fledged member of the Southside Serpents, his father had been released from jail and him and Betty had finally patched things up from her brief issues with the black hood. Nick St. Clair's accident gave Veronica the closure she needed, and Cheryl could finally escape the trauma her family had experienced, despite her wicked mother. Kevin stopped cruising and putting himself at risk, thankfully putting his safety first. And Betty, things were finally looking up for her. Her sister had finally seen sense and returned home with the twins, the Cooper family were whole again. Everything would be just fine.