Chapter 3- The First Gathering

White, Jasmine  Cell Block 632 b

6/25/2101

The schedule apparently didn't start until after lunch, because what would have been the gathering time was spent by Jasmine listening to guards reading the schedule to other people.  That was completly boring.  She had annoying inputs from Brendon almost the entire time. 

"Jasmine, Jasmine, Jasmine...."  said Brendon through the piece of wood separating him from Jasmine. 

She walked over and yanked open the door, "What?"

"Hi!" 

Jasmine promptly slammed the door in his face.

He was right when he said the nice would wear off in a little while..... 

"Hey Jasmine!"

"What is it this time?" She said to the wall

"I finally got a person on the other side of me!"  He switched to an irish accent, "She be a tall and pretty lass."

Jasmine was beginning to think that Brendon was here for other reasons instead of just having a talent to annoy the government.  She then heard a voice, definatly a girl's voice, but she couldn't make out what she was saying.

"Ok, geez Zoe.  I won't call you pretty anymore, even though you are."  Brendon replied

Then the girl named Zoe slammed the door to the window. 

"Ouch.  Dude, you need to work on your social skills."  Jasmine said as she slammed her door in his face. 

At that moment, a hidden slot in the wall opened up with Jasmine's lunch, scaring her to death in the process.    She heard two yelps from either side of her, so Jasmine assumed that the trays scared the boys too. 

Lunch was a dismal affair, only bread and water.  If there was cheese and grapes, it would have been infinatly better.  When she was finished, she put the tray back in the slot, and the wall closed tightly behind her, making it look like it never was out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jasmine heard the door open in Ande's cell, and the guards call him. The door shut and it was quiet.  Five minutes later, it was her turn.  The three guards took her from her cell into a long hallway on the right.   When she looked to the left, she saw it dead ended into cells.  a quick count got her about ten to twelve. 

Oh lovely.... eleven people who will probably end up hating my guts. 

She was walked down multiple hallways and into a little corridor, which at the end was a door.  One of the guards put their thumb in the scanner and another their eye.  The last one stood behind Jasmine, so she didn't make a run for it, even though she wouldn't get very far.    The door opened and they led her inside and then left. 

Jasmine looked around.  The room was about thirty feet from one side to another, but it was circular, so there were no corners to hide in, except where the doorway jutted out and formed two little corners, but those were barely big enough to hide in.  Even if she was to hide there, it would only be from the person entering the room, and the person on the other side of the doorway. 

There were already eight people in there, and all of them were sitting against the wall eyeing everyone else from a distance.  Jasmine looked around and chose a spot as away from everyone else as she could get.  To her right, there was a curly red-headed girl,probably about the same size as Jasmine, only a maybe an inch or two taller,  probably around 5'4.  To her right was another girl, probably about three inches taller.  Dark hair and skin, she was a looker.  To her right was a boy, same skin tone, but his dark hair had a reddish tint to it.  The next person was a Latino boy, tall and muscled.