Chapter 6- The Tests Begin

Conrad Cicero smiled.  Only two days and there have been two fights.  They were already gettin gused to eachother.  I think I will start the tests tomorrow.  He looked at the girls on the camera, giggling.  I wish I could hear what they were saying.  Sadly, microphones had not been built into the woodwork.  He could take a guess, a pretty good guess, at what they were talking about.  from the giggles, he could tell they were probably talking about guys. 

He recorded it.   Everything had to be recorded.  The reports had to be sent to the government. This was their test, he was just conducting it.  He had no idea why they wanted it done.  "Just test to see what twelve of them do when forced together in differet circumstances," they told him.  He thought about the fight.  Maybe they think they will get rid of some of the problem.  They are a threat.  then he thought about the twelve part of the instructions. Sorry guys, only eleven for right now.  That pyro girl burned out a cell before we could bring the last person.  He thought about it again.  Well, that could be one more test.  I'll think about it.

He switched the camera to look at the  guys.  A couple of them were watching the girls.  He jotted that down.  That Mike guy...  Conrad looked at his record. Yup, a martial artist and bi-polar to boot.  Weapon: Stick.  He shivered.  He, if he were to escape that is, he could find a nice straight rod just about anywhere.  I'd hate to be out if that happened. 

He checked his watch.  their time together was almost up.  He would send in the guards in a few minutes.  Tomorrow would be a fun day for him.  I'm counting the hours.

____________________________________________________________

Jasmine sat in her cell, thinking.  In her talk with the girls, she found out why she alwas arrived before Brendon and Zoe,  and left after everyone else was gone, save Zoe and Brendon.  Everyone had a cell in cell blocks 631-633, cells a-d.  Cell 631 a came in first, and cells b-d followed.  Then it jumped to cell block 633, cell a-d, then to 632, a-d. 

"Wait," Kat said.  "If there are twelve cells, then why are there only eleven of us?"

"I think I can answer that."  Reyna answered sheepishly. "I'm in 631 a, right?  Well, I was in 33 d, until it randomly caught on fire."  she said innocently.  All the girls laughed. 

"That's enough reason for me!"  Lia said while still laughing. 

Jasmine smiled at the memory, but the thought was interupted by the dissapearing slot opening with another tasteless dinner. 

When she was done, which didn't take very long as she was not hungry, she put the tray in the dissapearing slot and sat down to stretch, as she did after every meal. 

A few minutes later, she heard, "Jasmine, hey, Jasmine!"  comming from Ande's cell.   She opened the door to the window. 

"Yes?" she inquired.

"Well, Brendon said it was fun to anno- I mean, talk to you, so I decided to see if he was right."

Oh, dear....

"Well, were are you from?" he asked

"Not really one particular place... I lived on the street for most of my life, until I got into trouble." 

"Ah.... is that where you learned to fight?"

"Yes."  Jasmine heard her name being called from the other side of the wall.  She walked over to the wall separating her from Brendon and opened the door.

"Hey Jasmine!"  he said

"Hi"  she replied.

"Hi Jasmine!"  said ande from across the room.