Chapter 3

Hey! like this so far? give it a vote!

Augustus' POV

"Wow this stuff is good!" Hazel said munching on a sandwich.

"Oh um my mom made it." I hesitantly said, not sure of what her reaction would be.

"Well tell her it means a lot and I give my thanks!" Hazel beams.

I sigh with relief under my breath. "Of course I will."

We both finish our sandwiches and she leans against me as we finish our drinks.

"Thanks for doing this Gus." she says for like the billionth time.

I laugh and let that do as an answer. Then I rummage around in the picnic basket and pull out some slightly rumpled dark red roses.

She looks at them "Roses?"

I nod and say "I heard they are very romantic flowers." Then I lean in and place a feather light kiss on her cheek.

Her pulse quickens from that small touch and she shifts so she's sitting with her legs around my waist and we look at each other.

She leans forwards and puts her arm around me and I pull her into an embrace.

We sit like that for several more minutes, listening to the sound of each other's heart and breaths.

Then I murmur into her ear "C'mon let's go to the park."

She frowns. "Won't that get sand stuck in Philip's wheels?"

"Yea so that's why we're going to the swings which conveniently have a tar-made bouncy surface under them."

Realization chases happiness across her face.

I pull her after me and let her choose the blue or the black swing. She sits into the blue one so I take black.

She only sways on her swing because she can't swing Philip off the ground but I start pumping my legs and soon I'm swinging super high.

Hazel looks at me with a kind of longing but doesn't say anything. I feel really bad but continue swinging because I know she won't mind too much.

And then I see a small child run in front of the swing I'm on.

I hear Hazel scream.

Ooooo cliffhanger

Instagram @ummmfandoms