Chapter 7

First off, I'm gonna apologize for not updating. I'm very busy and I haven't felt like writing. But I do now so :)

Augustus' POV

Hazel left a while ago to buy me some better food. The hospital food sucks.

I'm lying in the hospital bed staring up at the cracked ceiling. And the agony at my mistake that I just made is chorusing through my body.

Ugh

Well there's no use dwelling on it... I guess.

The nurses have told me that I have a minor concussion and will forget a few things. I'm scared.

The word comes out of no where and hits me and I have to whisper it to make sure it's real.

Oblivion.

I'm scared of oblivion.

I'm not sure if I want to go hide under a rock in embarrassment or sleep and try to forget. Not that I need to forget anymore than I already have.

What if one day I wake up to see Hazel but I see Hannah again? What if I won't recognize my family? Where I am? Who I am? Just the thought of all those memories gone is scary.

I want to cry but at that moment, Hazel walks in carrying steaming plates of Chinese food. Hah I love that stuff.

She sets my plate down gently and looks at me.

"You better be happy I waited in line for like 10 hours to buy this for you." Hazel points out.

"Thanks." I say.

She glances at me carefully. "Something's bothering you isn't it?"

She knows me well.

Too well.

"Well I've just been thinking about oblivion. I would rather die than face it." I mutter into my plate of food feeling a little ashamed.

Hazel sighs. "Gus..."

I quickly start eating so I don't have to reply. The food is way too hot but I ignore it and keep stuffing my mouth. Then I scrape the plate and I know that I can't stall anymore and have to talk.

"Hazel I really don't wanna talk about this..."

She looks sad. "That's ok Gus." And after she says that, I know that she isn't okay and that she's been worrying this whole time.

Things have changed and there is a crack separating us. There's no going back.

I face oblivion.

Slow clap for crappy writing ✋

Instagram: @UmmmFandoms 🌾 & @MultifandomBucketlist 🌚