Chapter 2

Hi hope u all are enjoying my fanfic ATM!

Hazel's POV

My fingers gripped the edge of my seat so hard my knuckles turned white. I knew I shouldn't have let Gus drive.

He slammed on the accelerator as he turned a corner and I felt myself suddenly lurch to the side.

"Ow." I muttered as I crashed into the side of the car. Rubbing my shoulder, I rightened myself.

Then I sat up straight, eyes widening as I realized where we must have been going.

The park.

Of course!

I was so lost in my curiosity I didn't even feel the lurching of the car. Soon we were there.

I stepped out of the car and brushed one of the leaves that twirl when they fall, off of my shoulder. Gus walked over to me holding something behind his back.

"Hazel Grace, do not peek at what I'm holding and follow me." He smiled and I resisted the temptation to peek and kiss him.

"Okay?" he asked.

"Okay." I sighed.

He walked backwards so I wouldn't see what he was holding and grinned goofily the whole time.

So I followed. The grass ticked my ankles, it was so long, and I thought about how glad I was I didn't have allergies.

Then I realized there were now flowers of bright vibrant colours littered around me in the ground, becoming more dense as we walked.

I looked up and gasped, frozen. We were in the middle of a field full of flowers. It was a lot to take in and all the bright colours seemed to be shouting out to me, just calling me to come and smell them.

Not that I needed to, the air was full of their scent and when I inhaled, my nose tickled.

After a while, I realized Gus was calling for me.

"Hazel! Don't make me walk over there and carry you!" he shouted. Then as an after thought said, "Not that I would mind doing just that!" I could just imagine him winking.

Clearing my throat I yelled, "Coming!"

When I walked over to where Gus was, I saw a picnic blanket spread out over a patch of ground with not so many flowers. And like in all the books, there was a cute little woven picnic basket.

I smiled and sat down on the blanket staring across at Gus.

"I know we haven't even eaten yet and god knows what you brought but thank you."

"It's a privilege." he replied.

Then he opened the picnic basket.

My eyes widened in shock when I saw sandwiches, juice, slightly melted ice cream, vegetables, fruits, ham and lots more.

"Are you trying to fatten me up?" I joked.

"Naw I love the way you are just fine." Gus said. Wow, leave it to him to turn that into something I blush at.

"Hehe thanks." I blushed.

"Don't make me wait any longer to eat this food will ya?"

"Dig in!" I confirmed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope u liked it! plz leave a vote!

Instagram @ummmfandoms