𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎: 𝐁𝐚𝐝 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝

Song: Bad Blood by Taylor Swift

"Arquebus or Arcubus. A primitive form of a gun was invented in the 15th and in use until the 17th century. It was the first gun fired off by the action of a trigger."

The scratching sounds of a pencil against paper filled the empty room which I sat in, my hands beginning to ache with the familiar cramp that I was used to, having focused on only one thing that had kept me for several hours

The picture in my mind takes form, the contrast of colors blending in and blurring the image I have created.

"Aww, how sweet."

The voice ceased my movements, my fingers clutching the pencil tighter in anger.

"What do you want?" My voice came out coldly and turned my eyes to the door where Lily stood with her arms crossed, a sinister smile curled on her lips.

"Oh come on," she said with a pout, walking into the room, hair swishing behind her. "Can't I just talk to mi Hermana?"

{My Sister}

A scoff escaped my lips causing her eyes to slit.

"Creo que es. ¿Por qué quieres hablar conmigo? ¿Después de todos estos años?"

{ Why would you want to talk to me? After all these years?}

She wanted to answer but I cut in my voice level. "No," I put up my hand stopping her. "solo quieres interrogate y burglary de mí como siempre haces, ¿sí?" I shook my head. "Hoy no estoy de humor, gracias."

{No. You just want to interrogate me and mock me like you always do, yes? Not in the mood today, thanks}

We never talked. No sleepovers, no gossip about boys, parties and such trivialities. She had our mother and flock of friends for that. I was simply the gum under her shoe for some reason.

Closing my sketchbook, I made a move to get up beginning to gather my supplies and neatly placed them into a bag, not ready for the headache coming on.

It wasn't worth it.

A hand came down upon mine causing my movements to halt and looked up to see the smile still pasted on her face.

"Permanecer," she says in Spanish her smile turning eerier now, the bits of cherry lipstick she added earlier staining her teeth. "Yo insisto."

{Stay. I Insist}

The long acrylic nails dug into my arm through the baggy sleeve made me freeze, my muscles still aching from earlier and the action sending warning bells off in my head with a memory.