The Rebelion

This chapter is early because I was free and I wanted to finish it!

The Hunger Games

The Rebelion

Chapter 13

"What the crap?!" I yell, my mom and dad run to me and hug the guts out of me.

"Guys stop killing her! We have no time! We need to go before the cameras in the arena turn back on!" Peeta orders. The hovercraft lifts up and sets off.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"To District 13" Katniss answers. My hear skips a beat as she answers.

"Why?" I ask again. Katniss looks at me.

"Snow will never think of looking in District 13 for you. And also all of the people joining the rebellion are there ready to attack." Katniss says seriously. I nod and sit down until we land in District 13. I get up out of my seat and get out of the hovercraft and Katniss leads me towards a building, surprisingly still in one piece.

The houses were withered down to a crisp and the sky was grey. No sign of life, until I got inside. People were sitting there with guns and bombs in hand.

"Woah..." I whisper. Katniss hands me a gun and an outfit.

"I have to have a special outfit?!" I cry. Katniss nods.

"Just put it on, it might save your life." I nod and go into the bathroom that is in one piece and I change. It was black with an extremely thick and heavy chest piece. I wonder why?

We all jump onto the hovercraft, some people where already in the Capital, so we didn't need another one. But let me tell you, it was packed.

I heard screams, gun shots, and bombs going off on the surface. The hovercraft landed on the ground at the Capital. I jumped out, people were protecting me, taking bullets for me. A tear rolled down my face as someone else took a bullet for me again.

I ran into the mansion, gun at the ready. I hid behind a pillar, watching about 10 peacekeepers run by. I jump back from behind the pillar running up the stairs to the top floor, where Snow is.

~~~Peeta's POV~~~

I sprinted out of the way of a bullet, then shooting him in the heart, killing him. But something makes my heart completely stop. I spot Katniss about to get shot by someone. I run up infront of her, taking the bullet for her. Pain erupts throughout my chest as the bullet tears through my skin. I fall to the ground, earning an extra wave of pain. Katniss shoots the man and takes me to the hovercraft.

"Peeta!" She cries. She holds a rag up to my bleeding torso.

"No, no, no! Peeta! Stay with me!" I can feel my body getting weaker as Katniss pleads and pleads. The corners of my eyes blur as my breathing gets sharp.

"K-Katniss." I murmur. She puts her hand on my face.

"Yes? What is is?" I hold her hand.

"Save Panem, and live..." Katniss sheds a tear as I close my eyes. Facing my fate...

~~~Oasis's POV~~~

I burst into Snow's room, but to my surprise, two guns were held aimed at me. One was a Peacekeeper, and one was Snow.

"Oasis, what a nice surprise. I see you escaped the arena." Snow says. I aim at him.

"Snow, put down the gun, before I shoot you." I order. Snow laughs.

"You are as dumb as you look. You're out numbered." He chuckled. He looks at the peacekeeper and snaps his finger. They both shoot a bullet into my chest. I fly back at the impact. I wait for the pain of the bullets to kick in but I don't feel anything. I open my eyes to see Snow with a shocked face. I get up and grab my gun and aim it at the peace keeper. I pull the trigger, blowing the man out the window. Snow stares at me.

"Snow. I don't get why you can live with yourself..." I take a step towards him.

"You're an old granpaw." I hold my gun up to his head.

"So give someone else a chance to live." I pull the trigger, blowing his brains out. He falls to the ground, dead... I smile.

"Thanks Cinna...Bullet proof. Nice idea." I walk out of the building.

I run out of the building and to the hovercraft. I spot Katniss crying over a dead body, covered with a blanket. I walk up to Katniss, patting her back. She looks up to me and hugs me. I hug her back but wonder who she's crying over. I life the blanket, to see Peeta's lifeless body. I cup my mouth, tears streaming down my face.

"No..." I whisper.

The rebellion ended with is winning. We returned to District 12, having burials and funerals.

I claimed to the top of the cliff. I stand on the tip, admiring the landscape. The wind blew through my long hair, making me smile. I just know, that I'm being looked after. I feel it every night.

"Emily, Peeta, Rue. Even though you're not dead. I know, you're happy...I am too."

I stared off the cliff, looking at the place that used to be a violent battle field, how was it so quickly turned into a place of freedom and peace? So quickly...

Welcome to Panema. A place of peace, love, and freedom. My home, that I used to despise, but now adore. Where I live, happily...

~~~

Thank you for reading! I'm so glad you stayed with me and read. I appreciate it.

-Lily