Part 0: 00

Bella's eyes drifted out to the snowy trees passing by as they drove into Denali, Alaska, preparing herself for what she would say to her pseudo-relatives, the Denalis. What was she supposed to say? 'Hey, your sister sold us out to the Volturi for a crime we didn't commit, come help us!' Yeah, that would go over well.

Her eyes flashed to the rearview mirror and onto the face of her daughter, who was watching the scenery outside in rapt fascination. She wouldn't ever let anything happen to Renesmee, ever.

The entire drive north had been eerily silent and Bella was partly grateful for it, because she didn't know what there was to talk about. She noticed the car had begun to slow down, and Bella swore that if she were still human her heart would have stopped as she noticed the vampires coming out of the beautiful lodge.

Edward shut off the car and walked outside to meet their cousins.

"Edward, is everything alright? Why didn't you tell us you were coming?" Tanya immediately spoke up, greeting Edward.

"Is it Irina?" Carmen asked curiously, "Have you heard from her?"

"Not directly," Edward said, his voice only slightly bitter.

"Why is your bride waiting in the car?" Eleazar frowned, sensing something was wrong and from in the car, Bella let out a soft breath knowing that it was nearly their time to get up.

"And why have you brought a wolf with you? I can smell him from here?" Kate wrinkled her nose as her eyes flicked towards them in the car.

"My family is in danger," Edward told them, "I need your help."

"What has happened?" Carmen asked, worried, and Bella gave Jacob a look, silently telling him it was almost time for them to leave the car and he nodded.

Edward paused, "It's hard to explain," he admitted, "But, I need you to keep an open mind. Can you do that?"

"Of course," Tanya said without hesitation.

Bella watched the Denalis share looks of apprehension and then turned towards Renesmee, "Okay," she said softly, "time to meet some new people."

"What if they don't like me?" Renesmee asked quietly and Bella's dead heart dropped in guilt, her daughter shouldn't have to go through this, she thought bitterly.

"They'll love you," Jacob told her.

"They will," Bella reaffirmed, "Once they understand you."

"They just haven't met anyone like you before," Jacob explained further.

Bella and Jacob shared one long look before Bella said, "Okay," and opened the front door, stepping out of the car with Jacob and Renesmee.

The reaction was immediate. Eleazar pushed Carmen behind him, growling and Kate and Tanya both dropped into crouches, gasping.

"The Volturi will come for all of us," Kate breathed out, shocked.

"You get that thing out of here," Tanya ordered, still in slight shock.

"She's not what she looks like," Edward told them but Tanya shook her head.

"This is a CRIME!" Tanya shouted, launching herself at Edward. Bella's eyes widened as Edward threw her to the ground and then Kate attacked, electricity coursing through her hand and into Edward, who immediately stiffened, letting out a groan of pain.

Bella's eyes narrowed onto the scene and she left her daughter with Jacob as she moved to defend her mate, grabbing Kate by the wrist and tossing her away.