D+11 (Friday)

The Dik Diks lost their match against the Bush Babies and Addie thought that Brienne might have been angry with her because she didn't speak to her (or anyone else for that matter) all week. Dodge ball wasn't Addie's game. It was cruel and she didn't like it. Plus their coordination wasn't the best since they were new to each other – at least Addie was new to them – so it wasn't really fair.

At least Kieran congratulated her.

"We lost the match," she said, pulling up from the water fountain where she was cooling her lips after a lunch of chili fries.

"I meant on making friends," he clarified laughing. At that moment Addie couldn't be sure it was the heartburn and not his smile that made her woozy. "Looks like you won't need me as a friend after all."

"No, no. I will," she sputtered mindlessly, the red coloring of inflammation around her mouth spreading to her cheeks.

"I hope so," he returned, seeming relieved.

The bell signaling the end of lunch rang.

"See you around then. And don't worry about the Bush Babies. You'll beat them next time." He waved her goodbye and headed towards the computer labs.

She smiled foolishly after him until she saw Brienne staring curiously at her. Was she watching the whole time?

It slowly dawned on Addie what it was that bothered her about Brienne – other than the bossiness. It was her gaze. It was so intrusive that Addie felt it even when Brienne wasn't even looking at her; like Brienne was right there in her mind, seeing all her insecurities, her fantasies, her yaoi obsession. She felt exposed under that gaze, hot and vulnerable. It was worse when they were close like during biology lab when they sat together:

Addie was trying not to fall asleep but the boring content and the heat from the chili digesting in her body were formidable opponents.

"I can smell it," she heard Brienne mutter beside her.

Addie sniffed at her armpits. She caught of whiff of fried potatoes, red chili and a little body odor underneath the baby powder of her deodorant but nothing offensive.

She felt Brienne lean closer. "Your cunt," was the clarification.

Addie was shocked to alertness; her thighs automatically pressing together. She blinked at her lab partner several times as though trying to discern if what she said was real. Brienne was doing that thing with her face where she was making it look like she wasn't actually asleep. That took effort and so Addie was pretty sure she hallucinated the whole thing. What is wrong with me? Why would my mind even go there? She didn't see the tiniest of smirks tugging on the far end of the other girl's mouth as she decided to cut back on the yaoi manga she liked reading.

It was an empty resolution to make because the weekend was upon her and her favorite manga series just released an update. After her shower, she settled into her sheets with her iPad. Two hours in and she jolted out of her cocoon by blaring of a car horn signaling in an incoming call. Addie cursed and cursed because Fujimoto had just confessed to Inato and deeds were about to be done. She could have just ignored the call but her mom worked the weekend shift at the hotel and would call every now and again to make sure everything was alright.

Addie blinked at her phone several times before answering. There wasn't a name tagged to the number but somehow Addie knew it was Brienne calling. She suddenly felt overwhelmed, like this was a big deal, like she had been waiting for the phone call ever since the other girl asked if it was okay to call her sometimes and talk. The look in Brienne's eye when she said talk made Addie's stomach do a double flip.