Surprise

Your PoV

I called Professor Oak's office hoping that it wouldn't be to late. I know there was a bit of a time difference, but I wasn't sure how much of one. I had planned to go back home to the Kanto region next week because I was busy with assisting Professor Sycamore with his research regarding Mega Evolution. I also had been tracking the newly discovered Zygarde and getting rid of the evil organization known as Team Flare. Between all of that and various other things I had going on I wasn't available until next week. However I pushed myself, probably too much for my own good, and I got everything I needed to accomplish done so, I go sooner which meant I would get to visit a bit longer.

"Hello there y/n," Green greeted me as his face appeared on my laptop's screen.

"Hey Green it's so nice to see you again," I smiled as I felt the chair beneath me sink while shifted my weight from one side to the other making myself more comfortable.

"Why are you calling at this hour?" he yawned as his grandfather came into view on my screen.

"I need to make some adjustments to my trip," I sighed as I went through some paperwork that was lying on my desk.

"What kind of adjustments?" Professor Oak asked as he sat down next to Green.

"I finished all of my work in Kalos earlier than I expected so I can come sooner than I had anticipated. I was wondering if that was going to be okay with you guys. I didn't know if that conflicted with anything you had going on," I replied as I neatly stacked the papers in a pile to sort through later.

"Yes of course that will be fine. Just let me know when you land in Kanto," Professor Oak assured me as I smiled knowing I would be visiting home soon,

"Alright then, I planned on stopping a few places before I get to your lab so I will arrive in the Kanto region in about two days, but I won't see you guys until a couple days later," I explained.

"That's fine. I would like to start research as soon as possible though. I don't want to rush your sightseeing, but I would prefer to start sooner rather than later," Professor Oak spoke as he stood up and walked out of the camera's sight.

I heard footsteps from the hallway and I couldn't help but wonder who it might be. I turned around in my chair to face my open ivy door and waited for whoever was coming. I smiled as I saw the shadow of the person on the wall of the hallway. I knew exactly who it was.

I hope you guys are enjoying this story. Sorry, I couldn't think of a good title for this chapter. I'll figure one out and change it sometime though.