chapter 1

"Yuu, why did you leave us behind?." Yuu turned around and saw her family crawl to her, covered in blood and stared at her with big dead eyes. Yuu backed away while fear and regret grew inside her.

"I..I didnt..want to leave you."

A wet hand grabbed her arm from behind, and when Yuu slowly glanced over her shoulder and saw Mika smiled creepily at her while blood was running out from his eyes and mouth. " You should have died instead of us!."

"AAHHH!." Yuu screamed and her eyes flew open and she was now in a beautiful room that she could only imagine a king would have. Breathed heavily she looked at her surrounding in confused. The room was big, 10 times bigger than Yuus and her families small house they shared together. With white walls, filled with beautiful old paintings that were framed in golden frames.

"Huh?." Yuu begins to crawl to the end of the big bed that could fit 10 full grown people and put her naked feet against the beautiful cold marble floor. Her whole body begins to scream to jump back into the warm bed, but she just ignores the feeling and begins to walk over the floor.

"Where am I?." She walked over to the middle of the room, where two really beautiful red couches with golden frame stood in front each other. A table was between the couches with a bowl of fresh fruits. Yuu couldn't help to stare at the shiny fresh fruits on the table, she was to focused on the fruits that she didn't realize that she was drooling like an idiot. After staring at the fruits for a while, she looked around while wiped off the drool on the side of her mouth with her hand. She didn't see anybody else in the room, so maybe she could just take one of the shiny red apples from the bowl before the person who put her in this room came back. After looking around and listen for any sound of footsteps, she decided to take one of the red apples from the bowl. She hasn't eaten any fresh fruit seems the virus broke out. And in the Sanguinem she and all the other kids only got to eat soft brown fruits that were near to get moldy. She quickly grabbed one of the fresh apples and took a big bite and moaned. The apple was so delicious, so juicy, she just wanted to enjoy the taste forever. She was going to take a second bite of the apple, but then a klick was heard behind her like somebody was locking up a door and the creaky sound of a door opened come right after. Yuu froze on the spot and slowly looked over her shoulder while her heart was beating fast in fear.

" Awe, good you are awake."

Yuu dropped the apple she had in her hand and backed away when she recognized the small vampire standing at the open door. He smirked at her and slowly walked in, and the door closed behind him.

" Sleep well?."

She took a few more step back to keep some space between them.

"Who are you?."

His smirk got bigger while he walked over to one of the couches.

"I am Lest Karr, third progenitor, and king of Germany." He sat down and rested his chin in his hand, and had his eyes locked on her. " Now, what is your name lifestock?."

'Lifestock.' That word rang inside her head while she stared down at her lifestock clothes that were covered in dry blood. " Why do you care?."

" I don't."

Yuu looked up and saw him walking over to her with a boring expression, and grabbed her chin. " I just try to figure out how you, and a weak human girl could escape. Even if am glad to prove that Krul is a bad ruler, and it would be fun to rub it in her face. But.." He stared at the dry blood on her clothes and narrow his eyes.

" I can smell Ferid blood on you, mixed with human blood. Why did he let you escape?." His grip on her harden and made her wide in pain.

She glared at him. " I don't know, Ferid was a person with a lot of secrets.'

"Was?." He smirked at her. " Ferid is still alive."

Her eyes widen. " What?!. But I shot him.."

"In the head, I know. One of my guards told me that Ferid got shot in the head by his own pistol." His smirk got bigger. " And that he killed a whole group of lifestocks in Sanguinem."

Yuu looked away from him while tears were escaping from her eyes, and the images of her family got killed by Ferid played in her head.

"And you just left them there to die, you humans are so greedy and only think about yourself..."

"Kill me!

"Huh?." The vampire stared at her in surprise while Yuu stared at him with her eyes filled with tears.

" I didn't want to leave them, but they told me to escape and not let their death go in vain. But.." More tears ran down her face. " The world is already messed up, and am all alone. I don't want to be alone, I want to be with my family."

Lest let go of her chin, and Yuu fell down to the floor and covered her eyes with her hands while crying loudly.

"Tsk, crying over dead lifestocks, that's pathetic."

"Slap!."

Lest could feel a burning handprint on the side of his face and stared at the human girl who slapped him. Her emerald green eyes glared at him with so much anger that she almost looked like she was going to explode. But that quickly replaced with fear when she realizes what she had done. Lest touched the side of his face where she slapped him, and couldn't help to feel amused. Nobody had ever slapped him, not even Krul. But this human just slapped out of the blue, even if she knows that he could kill her right on the spot. He chuckled and grabbed her shoulder and pulled her closer. Her emerald green eyes stared at him in surprise and her whole body begin to shake.

"You want me to kill you, but you are too interesting to kill." He traced a finger over her neck. " Maybe I can keep you as my pet."

He bit his bottom lip while moving his face closer to hers. But then the girl surprised him again, but this time she kicked him between the legs and gave him a pain that he never felt before.

"Ahh!." He let go of her and fell down to the floor. And at the corner of his eyes, he could see the girl running to the door. " Oh no, you don't." Lest forced himself up and used his speed to appear in front of the girl. Grabbed her arm and throw her across the room and watched her back hit the wall hard. Sounds of cracking bones were heard, and when the girl hit the floor, blood came out from her mouth.

"Maybe I throw her a little too hard." Said Lest to himself while walking over to the girl who was breathing heavily, but didn't move. " I forget sometimes how weak humans are."

The girl glared at him with her eyes while laying on the floor on her stomach.

Lest pushed her with his foot so she rolled over to her back, which made her gasp in pain.

"Can't stand the pain?." Asked Lest while standing over her.

She coughed up blood while trying to move her arms, but Lest stepped hard on one of her arms, and a loud cracking sound was heard. The girl screamed in pain and stared at him with tears in her eyes.

"Don't worry I will help you," he sat down on his knees and moved his face closer to hers. " And I will make you feel so much stronger." He bites his bottom lip again, and filled his mouth with his blood, before kissing her.