Chapter 3

Shout-out to Horsetastic5 for all the comments, and and Abrego2002 for the first vote, and everyone else who viewed this fletchling story! I appreciate it very much!

It's kinda sad, half the views are me checking notifications and replying to comments.

But it's kinda funny, too.

The group stalked through the clearing. A large circle of shattered Guardians had a muddy indent in the middle.

He was supposed to be there.

They signaled to each other, fanning out. 

One cried out, holding up a oddly shaped stone. It snickered. "It's a Sheikah's."

"Well, OBVIOUSLY, you idiot. Who else has the manpower and skills to get through this field so soon after the Calamity?" Another crowed.

"You didn't bother telling us that beforehand? You could have told us they could have gotten the body already!" The first one snapped.

"Use your head, Ayu."

"Oh, I have to? You have a pile of absolute trash between your ears-"

"ENOUGH. We will coordinate for attacking Kakariko, then." A different one interrupted.

Grumbling. "F-fine." The group agreed.

⌿⌔⍀

The Master Sword was propped against the wall in Paya's room. It was sad, the weapon of countless proud heroes in the attic of a very pious grandmother with a nervous, 5-year-old daughter with a enormous crush on the sword's dead owner. (Remember, this is post-calamity, so Impa would be in her thirties-twenties, and Paya is still really young.)

Yeah, it kinda sucked.

...

A voice echoed in the blade, too quiet and on a different "plane". Normal creatures could not perceive the voice of a female with strange dialogue. It echoed twice more, and a ethereal hand brushed the hilt. 

The sword lit up, holy energy illuminated the area near it an iridescent blue.

"You're not alone. Wait for me."

⌿⌔⍀

Zelda was pacing in the main area. Her shoes were a bit dirty but whatever.

She was waiting for Impa to come back from scouting and such and get a plan ready.

Minutes later, Impa appeared.

She wordlessly motion for Zelda to sit, and called the other Champions.

They all feverently took a seat at the circle of mats with a low table in the middle, courtesy of the Sheikah, and Impa closed the doors.

"Okay, Champions and Princess. We have a plan, correct?"

They all nodded. "The princess' power is active. She will buy us time to free the Divine Beasts." Urbosa summarized.

Impa crossed her arms. "Prepare yourself, princ-"

"I have a question, however." Mipha interrupted. Impa gave her a sidelong glance, but Mipha took no notice. "The original plan was to have a swordsman with us. Will the new plan work without one?"