Chapter 2: The Kyln

●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●

We were all being pushed along, I being in front of the Terran man and behind Gamora. My eyes bore holes in the back of her head. I knew she could feel my violent stare, but did not care. Meanwhile the furry animal was rambling to the Terran.

"I guess most of Nova Corps wanna uphold the laws, but these ones here, they're corrupt and cruel. But, hey that's not my problem. I ain't gonna be here long. I've escaped twenty-two prisons, this one's no different. You two are lucky the broad showed up, because otherwise, me and Groot would be collecting that bounty right now, and you'd be getting drawn and quartered by Yondu and those Ravagers and some other guy."

"Who would want me?"

"How would I know, it didn't say."

I scoffed in anger as he glared at me.

"I will not be brought down by the like of a small animal."

"I have to agree with her on that. I've had a lot of folks try to kill me over the years. I ain't about to be brought down by a tree and talking raccoon." The Terran spoke.

"Hold." The guard spoke as we were all stopped.

"What's a raccoon"

"What's a raccoon? It's what you are, stupid."

I hummed in amusement finding out that the furry animal was a raccoon. Possibly a Terran creature.

"Ain't no thing like me, except me."

The Terran then caught up with Gamora and I, being to close to me. And he spoke towards Gamora.

"So, this orb has a real shiny blue suitcase, Ark of the Covenant, Maltese Falcon sort of vibe. What is it?"

"I am groot."

"So what? What's the orb?" The Terran asked once more.

"I have no words for an honor less thief."

I scoffed in disbelief and she glared at me.

"You are in no place to say such things, Gamora."

She countined to glare at me.

"You member me, no?"

She stared at me a little longer before her eyes slightly widen.

"Pretty high and mighty coming from the lackey of a genocidal maniac. And a thief and murderer."

Gamora and I glared at the raccoon.

"Yeah, I know who you two are. Anyone who's anyone knows who you guys are."

"Yeah, we know who you are."

The Terran then turned to Groot.

"Who are they?"