Upoko tuakore:

Prologue:

Meihana 'Mace' or 'M' Reedy. She's the typical Māori cliche. Kapa Haka since she was a 2. Learned how to play the guitar when she was only 4. Her accent and her slang were as thick as they come. That is why the townsfolk of Riverdale instantly took notice of her, not just because she was a pretty girl. She was the doughboy to the boilup. Mostly because she was the new exchange student and Kevin was her peer mentor. Kevin quickly became her best friend, along with Jughead and Archie, she shared her stories with the three of them. She grew close with Archie, because if it wasn't for him and his father, Fred Andrews, Meihana wouldn't be in Riverdale. She also held an amazing bond with Betty and Veronica, she valued them as sisters. Meihana had the tendency to swear like a sailor and She was the most snarcastic (snarky and sarcastic) person you would ever encounter. She didn't think that her life could get any more interesting, until she met a certain tall teenage serpent.

Glossary:
Upoko tuakore - Chapter Zero
Meihana - Mason (hence the nickname Mace)
Kapa Haka - traditional Māori dancing
Doughboy - dough like substance inside of a boilup
Boilup - food that people in New Zealand eat (mainly māori)

A/N: Ok this is my first story, let alone my first fanfic. So please fam, go easy on a sista.