Phoenix's Journal- Entry 1

Dear Mom,

Aria keeps one of these things. I'm not sure why, but I think it helps her. So I decided to try it, too. I've been pretty good since you've been gone. I met a boy, Dallas. We've been dating for awhile. I stopped hunting. Everything was normal. Yes, normal. I was happy. 

Aria was the one who brought me back into hunting. She was hurt, and I helped her. She told me to go, to live a normal life. To be happy. I refused. She's not okay, Mom. I can see it. 

She has Sam, though. Sam helps her. Sometimes she gets this sorrowful, distant look, but Sam will take her hand and she'll snap back. I'm worried about her, though. That's why I stayed. 

I should have made Dallas go. My God, I wish I had made him go home with Raven and Colin.  He would be safe. He would be alive.

He's dying, Mom. He's dying because of me. I took him on a case, and now... now... 

Aria's hurt, too. It's been two days since we arrived at the hospital.  She was lucky, the doctor said. It must have hurt like hell, but it missed her organs. The bullet is still in her- that's the main reason she's still in a medically-induced coma. The surgery is today, and there is an 84% chance she'll live. There's a 92% chance that Dallas won't.

Aria wasn't medicated for a lot of it. Her screams were... Awful. At least Dallas is unconscious. Probably forever.

Aria was wrong. This didn't help at all.