Chapter Fifteen (Caden's P.O.V.)

Chapter Fifteen

Caden’s P.O.V.

“Aiden, what is it that you want? I was with my mate!” Who does he think he is? He’s just a beta! Yet he thinks he can overpower me?

“I came to tell you that the Alpha of the Fire Side Pack has returned and is somewhere out in the woods.” He gestured out to where the trees were and I followed.

“The alpha is safe in here house. I can see her.” I said, looking towards the window, looking at her lay in bed. I saw her glance at me with concern.  I gave her the look that said “It’s all good honey, no worries.” She seemed to understand and got up to do whatever she was going to do.

“No, she’s not the alpha, not yet anyway.”

I gave him a confused look. I remember Elizabeth clearly telling me that her father had died, that she was the alpha of her pack. How could she lie to me? Did she know that her father was still alive?

“What do you mean? Her father was murdered. Elizabeth clearly told me this.” I said, speaking my thoughts.

Aiden’s expression turned from serious to depressed in less than two seconds. “She lied to you then. I think they are planning something against are pack. You have a terrible mate. The Goddess must be testing you.”

Testing me? On what? On how strong an alpha I can be? Is she telling me that I need to focus more on my pack and not worry about a mate?

So many questions swirled in my head like a mini hurricane.

Elizabeth would never lie to me. She’s my mate. The Goddess designed mates to be inseparable, t never lie to each other. Aiden has to be lying to me. But why?

“Listen Aiden, I have to clear my head. I’m heading back home to talk to my mom about this. She will tell me what I should do.”

With that being said, I walked into the woods, stripped and shifted to my wolf.  Bones cracking and moving to fit into my huge alpha wolf. After so many times of changing, it doesn’t exactly hurt anymore.

I ran as fast as I could to my house. I had to clear my head before I got in. I needed to think about what I was going to say to my mom. I wasn’t even sure what to think myself. My own mate? Does the Goddess hate me?

I quickly put that thought away from my mind. The Goddess can’t hate anyone. That just doesn’t happen.

As soon as my mind was clear, I entered my house, clearly naked from shifting back. It’s not like my mom hasn’t seen me like this, I mean she’s cleaned my butt and my front part. Wanting to be respectful though, I went to my room and quickly grabbed some sweats and a t-shirt, going commando.

When I went down the stairs, I heard my mom in the kitchen, smelling the delicious ingredients when they entered my nose. Walking in that direction, I recited what I was going to say to my mother. I had to make sure all the information that was given to me was correct coming out of my mouth.

“Hey honey, how are you?” Mom asked, obviously using her wolf hearing to sense me coming in. She didn’t turn around as she was still making dinner.

“I have some things to tell you.” I said simply.

“What is it?” by this time, she had turned around and was looking me in the eyes, sensing that what I had to say was not good news.

“I’ve been told that the alpha of the Fire Side Pack has returned from hiding. To my understanding I always thought it was Elizabeth, my mate, that was alpha. I was told otherwise. I’m worried for the pack mom. I worried that they are planning something against us.” I said, not believing a word of what I was saying.