Loving thy enemy 11

Chapter 11

Cassie and me headed back to the princess room. As we walked by her living room, I saw Neal hunched over a guitar. His expression showed concentration and his sleeves were rolled up to his elbows. He was tapping his music sheet with a pencil, deep in thought.

As we walked by, he looked up. I, of course, turned away, but saw that his expression was unreadable.

"He should be doing his homework," Cassie muttered angrily as we got into her room. Homework?

"Uh...your dad gave him homework too?" I wondered, trying not to sound to surprised.

"No. He's in medical school. Well, it's going to be his first year, but he's supposed to be working on that instead of fooling around with the guitar."

"Oh... We both were going to the same career field ". I thought.

"My dad er...thinks that he should be working. At least, that's what he says Neal should be doing." said cassie.

Work! But they have so much money! Surely more money isn't a necessity! Maybe Cassie's father and mother are just workaholics and want to pass on their habits to Neal. Still...it seemed pretty odd...

"Let's get started." I said as we seated ourselves on the table.

"When are you leaving tonight?" asked cassie.

"At about 8pm ," I thought out loud. I hadn't really decided when to leave yet. Maybe if her brother verbally attacked me again, I might decide to leave uh...earlier.

"But I'll be here earlier tomorrow for more tutoring," I said.

Eightish was a safe time period to leave.

Cassie nodded, and I realized how much her eyes resembled that of an angel's.

Neal's green eyes looked like that of a greek god while hers were that of an angels.

Wow!! Get a grip on ur thoughts anvi, " my mind yelled. Greek god?? From where did that come I thought.

She pulled out her favourite book first. It was a poetry one.. ohh how angelic.

"Sorry," cassie apologized when she saw my surprised face, "Just read me one, I promise. Then I'll try to read one by myself...try."

She couldn't read ?

I chose a random one and began reading. The poem was not actually a stupid child's poem. It was actually quite beautiful and I thought from where did she get the book.

I finished the poem to find Cassie's eyes smiling at me.

"Thank you," Cassie said a little sheepishly.

She blushed, and I smiled warmly at her.

Suddenly, I heard guitar in the background, and noticed it had been silent the whole time I was reading the poem... Had Neal been listening ?!

She then took it and started reading my herself.

Time passed and soon it became 8:15.

I glanced nervously at my watch, wondering if I would have to just get up and leave cassie. A part of me, to my surprise, didn't want to do that. And I had just met the girl! But there was something about her...

She noticed the time.

"You should probably get going," she said. I sensed sadness.

"I'll be here at noon tomorrow," I said, patting her small hand gently. She struggled a smile.