loving thy enemy 2

chapter 2

It was lunch time and Id just finished wid my chores at home.

Mom seemed to be in a good mood since she was singing some R.D.Burman song godd knows of wich era while she polished some brass artifacts.! I took a wet cloth in my hands and joined her in polishing them.

"mom.." I then started with hesitation in my voice.

"hmm.." she replied.

"I know that the boards are coming up and I need to totally concentrate on my studies but could I plz be let off for some time. It would be a good break for me. U know for some movie or treks." I asked.

"no" she replied suddenly adopting a stern voice.

"but im goin with adi and my close frnds. Il be back on time."

"how many times have I told u anvi that no outings for the next two months. They are jobless ppl and have all the time and money for that. While u need to study vhard and atleast secure a rank" she said,

"Rank ! my foot!!" my thoughts screamt. At this rate il turn out to be a rotten vegetable at the end . But who would say that to her.

Just then the door bell rang and it turned out to be sneha aka my mom's favourite gossip frnd Sharma aunty's daughter who was no less a gossip queen. She asked me whether I would accompany her to the market fr some vegetable shopping. I thought of telling her abt my studies and I have no time when my mom piped up

"Go Anvi, It will be a good break for u."

I stared at her shell shocked. What abt securing a rank and no outings..?

I guess when it came to Sharma aunty's daughter rules just go out of the window. . and that too shopping!! The single most bane of my existence.

Grumbling and muttering I picked up the bag and went with her. By the time we came out of the bldg she had finished giving me a detailed description of the various looks the cutest guy in her classes gave her askin me to decipher what they meant. "godd was she srsly asking me this qestion? Me who was completely devoid of the relationship experiences? I muttered back some advice which didn't even make sense to me, but by the looks of it she was satisfied.

Just then we heard a car honking by the gate. "oh it must be the new family " I exclaimed.

Out came a guy and with that evry persons eyes were fixed on him. Fair complexioned, tall , dark hair with an extremely pathetic expression on his face.

"why dus he luk like hes cum back from a funeral?" I asked.

"who cares?" asked sneha. "nice chest-check! Hot back-check! Muscles-check! Handsome-check! Wev got a hottie in our bldg she exclaimed..~!!"

I turned to look at her with a totally disgusted and confused expression "uhmm aren't u supposed to be deeply in love with some guy since the last 3 yrs..?"

" well it doesn't mean I cant check out the hot ones..!! " she said.

"yeah ryt.." I replied.

"omg ..didn't Adi tell me to help dem" I realised dat his mom and dad had gone upstairs and he ws alone wid da luggage.

After he had payed da taxi driver he turned to look at me with a questioning look. "hi my names anvesha and im adi's frnd, he told me ud be arriving today. I have the keys of your flat. Since ur new im supposed to help u out wid da basics like da society rules..and da forms ur supposed to fill regarding the electricity bills and records..! so shall we? I asked. All this time he looked at me with a puzzled expression as tho trying to scrutinize my thoughts..!

"hell was he deaf?!" I thought.

" Xcuse me , did u just hear all that I said." I asked.

He replied "yes"! snatched the keys from my hand, picked up his bag and walked away.

I stood there with a shell shocked expression "git" I yelled in my thoughts!

Dat evening I ofcourse had to meet sneha who demanded me abt the convo with mr.new guy.

Sooo..anvi..wat did mr.hottie say.?? " she asked.

"ohh..hes deaf and half dumb..speaks only in one words! I said tiredly.

"ohh..sad.. maybe I could teach him sign language" she said with a mischeivous expression on her face.

I looked at her with a weird expression "are u srsly so dumb..? hes not worth nyones time..dunno wedr hel even make frnds..mr.grumpy!"

" yeah my mom made me take some sweets up to their place since they were new and all.. that aunty just took the sweets and shut da door..but I could hear a man yelling inside.." she replied.

"hmm..strange.. anyways wel ask Adi about it." I replied trying to close the topic.

Theres srsly something wrong with dat new guy....