Loving thy enemy 8

Chapter 8

Stomping across the pavement fiercely, I made my way back home. Want to hear what it was? I sure as hell didn't want to hear it, but I heard it anyway.

Maybe I should let you try to understand my suffering by telling you. Maybe if I told you I have had bad experiences with this type of job would make you understand. Maybe my father is out of his mind! Oh no wait, that one isn't a maybe. Nope. That one is a definite.

Well, I was going to be a nanny. Yes, nanny i.e. baby sitter. For an eight year old girl.

That and a tutor for her. Not only that, but this girl was extremely rich, as my dad had explained to me. Money. Why does money control every aspect in our pathetic lives! Why did the fate of our happiness and livelihood circle around a piece of paper?

It was ofcourse no use arguing since I needed money to get into medical school.

I realized that I was murmuring angrily to myself on the street. I was getting looks from people walking by.

You know those pitiful looks you give someone who is handicapped or mentally retarded?

Yeah, those were the looks people were giving me. But I was too infuriated to care

My dad knew I had bad experiences with summer job especially baby sitting. Then why why WHY did he sign me up for a babysitting job? I have no idea. I never have any idea.

I trudged back home completely silent and just pondering over my pathetic life. Entered the door and heard my mom's voice asking who it was.

"Its me, Anvesha " I replied.

"What's wrong with you now? You are normally happy and cheerful after meeting your friends. U never want to stay in your house, u think it's a torture living here with me right? " She asked.

"I never said anything like that mom. I just returned from dad's office. He just gave me some news. Im supposed to be working now, to support my medical college fees. There will be shortage of money at home since uncle Sirius shop was involved in an accident last night. So dad will be lending him some money." I said.

"God! Your dad has no other job but lend money to others. What sins did I commit in my last birth oh god that I am related to such people" she said.

"Mom im ready to work if that's what it takes to pay my fees. And uncle Sirius is dad's brother! Its his duty to help him. The same way il help Aayas whenever he needs anything" and with this I went to my room and shut it.!

Took out my books and started studying. I had no idea how much of this il get to do once I start the job. Hope the child is'nt very troublesome I thought. Past experiences loomed through my mind where the pranks of kids always put me in huge trouble.

Couldn't wait to tell my friends about this fantastic piece of news.!!

After about 2 hrs of studies I finally got up and picked up my cell to message nuha and gang asking if they were free to come up to my house and meet me. They all replied positive except Alice who had some work at home.

After about 15mins there were a series of doorbells at my house and I ushered them all home. Adi and Yug took up my beanbags while the girls sat on my bed.

I then started , "Okay guys I need to tell you people something real important. My dad is going through some financial problems due to which he wont be able to contribute much for my medical school fees. And to cover up that hes offered me a job through which I can earn a decent amount."

At first there were a series of protests on this matter but after I calmed them down Yug spoke up.

"okkaay.... That's sad anvi.. I wish I could help you. If I ask my parents im sure they will help you, You don't really have to take up a job" said yug. I seriously felt like running up to him and giving him a warm hug.

"Nope yug, you know I would never accept that. And I prefer it this way where I can earn for myself." I said.

"So what's the job ? " asked Dea.

"Uhmmm ... It's the position of a nanny at a rich house. I gotta look after an 8yr old girl and tutor her." I said.

"You gotta be kidding me! Did u forget your past disasters with children "?? Asked Adi.

"No Adi I do remember them but my dad offered me this. I can't tell him a no. And I may spend just like 2hrs each day just to look after a child. That's pretty easy ." I said.

"Where is the place? Hope its nearby." Said Nuha.

"Yeah he said its pretty close and I wont have troubles in that case. Wait a min he even gave me the address." I said as I pulled out a piece of paper out of my pocket. "In the shock of this news I forgot to check out my job place."

I unfolded the paper as my gang surrounded me each one trying to read my workplace.

I thought of reading it out loud.

That's when I noticed the first line which was the families name I had to work for.

"No .. this could not be happening" I thought.

I read it out again, this time loud.

The Malhotras.

After that my world totally blanked out.