Chapter 20

Shaby

Nafisat folds the prayer mat then takes off her hijab letting her braids fall. She rubs her face tiredly then puts her hair in a bun.

"Hey",she whispers as she takes a seat beside me then pecks my lips.

"Tired?"

"Very".

She leans her head on my shoulder while glancing at our sleeping twins laid on the bed basically hugging each other. She smiles then leans down and kisses them both. "Be early today will you",she says with a small pout. "I will Inshallah",I kiss her cheek then lips. I pick up my briefcase and black tie.

She stands up and takes the tie off me then wraps it around my neck. "See you after work Inshallah",she whispers and pats my chest. "Inshallah"I smile and kiss her and my babies before picking up my keys and walk put of our room.

****

"Baba I've finished all my calls can I go?",I ask him.

Baba looks up from his files and smiles instantly. "Of course beta my salams to your wife and my grandkids",he says.

I chuckle then nod. "Shukran baba".
"Asalam Alaykum".
"Walaykum Salam".

I get out of my car and lock up then head towards my house. I open the door only to hear tiny laughters. Probably the kids. I walk in further into the living room to find Nafisat dancing in front of the kids who are laughing.

I lean against the wall watching her entertain the kids. There's no music at all she's just dancing and singing in Yoruba while dancing. She spins around and stops when she sees me.

"Nice moves",I clap for her and she covers her face and whimpers. I laugh then walk to her. "Asalam Alaykum".
"Walaykum salam. Why didn't you tell me you were here",she says smacking my shoulders with a frown. "Because I was enjoying the show",I shrug. "Oh my God Shaby",she gasps and covers her face. I laugh and wrap my arms around her waist. "How was work?".

"Allamdulilah it was good, went quite fast today actually".

"Felt like forever",she groans dramatically.

"Missed me that much?",I chuckle. "Very"she smiles and starts spinning us around. "Woah"I gasp then we both start laughing. The kids join in which made us stop laughing and look down at them then continue laughing.

********

"Ahh Ya Allah why? Why?",I wake up to the sounds of screams.

"Shaby Shaby"Nafisat cries with her hands on her head while she cries harder and harder.

"Habiti why are you crying? Are you feeling okay?",I ask rushing over to her.

"Look",she points to the bed while continuing on crying.

I turn towards the bed and jump back horrified.

**********************

Asalam Alaykum wonderful peopleeeeee

I know this is a short chapter and am sorrrryyyyyyy for it but bare with me.

What do you think happened?

Pls share your opinions on this chapter and I love y'all for being supportive since the beginning of this book. I really appreciate it, may Allah bless you all🙏