Chapter 36

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 36-
Rapunzel's Enemy
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

The emblem is tossed back and forth in your hands. That didn't bother you, but the conversation you had with Varian had bothered you.

“How do you know that lullaby?” Varian asked from below.

You lay on the top bunk, “I've heard it before, but I don't know where. I think…...I heard it every night.”

Varian hums, “That's my mom's lullaby.”

You slightly jump when Varian's head pops up, “Do you think you were here before? I mean, you and I are close to the same age.”

You turn on your side to face him, “Possibly.”

He smiles, “Well I do hope we did somehow meet when we were younger. That would be amazing.”

You laugh quietly, “Yeah, that would be amazing.”

You're sitting in your room at the castle now after you helped Old Corona fix Quirin’s home, the King had requested you come back for a festival today.

“We have much to celebrate for this year's Good Will Gopher Grab!” King Frederick spoke then looks to you with a smile.

You're holding a rope and smile, still nervous of the crowd, “Not only is this the 500th Anniversary, but we commemorate this Princess Rapunzel’s first festival!”

Everyone cheers and Frederick winks at Rapunzel who grins happily at him before he continues, “To mark this joyous event, our Princess has redesigned the Gopher Grab seal of Good Will!”

You pull up the tarp to reveal the new seal, even though you like the new design, you knew a certain jolly candy man would disagree.

“Ladies and Gentlemen of Corona, Princess Rapunzel!”

Rapunzel waves and smiles in thanks, “Thank you so much. You're all too kind.”

Everyone cheers and wave to Rapunzel. You smile and you're glad everyone likes her, well maybe Lady Crowley just a little.

“BOO!”

Your eyes widen at the familiar yell and King Frederick narrows his eyes in confusion.

“And a BOO to you too, Sir!” Rapunzel says cheerfully.

You look at her in confusion then you realize, the way she spoke meant she didn't know what a boo is.

Quickly, the crowd is dismissed and do whatever they want until the Gopher Grab starts. You quickly run down and pass the crowds to head to Monty's.

You can see he's busy as you step into the shop and squeeze by to go behind the counter. “Hi, Monty.” You say and sit on the extra stool he had.

“(____)! It's so nice to see you again! Hopefully you haven't been getting into trouble.” He happily helps a customer, but still has his attention to you.

You smile and help too, then think back to the incident in Old Corona, “Uh well….no.” You chuckle sheepishly.

“I sense hesitance.” Monty leans on the counter and turns to you, “I know kids your age get into trouble. I won't stop you, but all I ask is to be careful.” He smiles warmly before helping another customer.

You giggle, “Alright.”

The crowd slightly dies down, so Monty turns to the framed ribbons and sighs. “So what brings you here?” He smiles at you.