introduction

Being unnoticed was what we were used to. It was something we went through every day. Although it took me a while to realise this. My only friend Leyden and I had been each other's other halves for as long as we can remember.

It didn't bother me being the quiet one. I liked it almost, in a certain type of way. I had one good friend and that was enough. Leyden was much like me except for the fact that his family owned the biggest oil company in London. So to say the least, he was rich.

With a population of over eight million people London is defiantly not a small City. So on the day my best friend went missing, I thought it'd be a shock to everyone. There'd be flyers set around the city, adds in the paper and a search party would be sent out immediately.

I tried so hard to spread the word, but not one person knew who he was. My mother was too sick to open her eyes. So when the police went to ask her about him, (due to me bribing them) she simply let out a shaky breath and went back to sleep. His parent's had left for some contract deal months before, and I had none of their contacts. His school files hadn't been updated since elementary school, so there was no record of him on the school system. I found it amusing how not one person knew who he was.

That was until someone no one expected to speak up, stepped in front of me one day after school and said 11 simple words that, well, changed everything.

"Leyden Wilson? I know who he is. What happened to him?"