Christmas Day

Months passed and we all were relieved that our problem in dodging fans in school diminished. Though, it didn't stop them from trying to interact casually with us.

But now we are on our Christmas Vacation and today is...

I stood up and headed to my calendar and ran through the events and my eyes bulged out.

DIOS MIO!, It's December 5! Only seven more days to go before Christmas!

I grabbed my hairbrush and ran downstairs to see Maria and Antoine in the living room setting up our annual stage play.

"About time you showed up!"

Antoine grinned and I waved before heading to them and trying to untangle the knots around my hair. I gave him a sheepish grin "Sorry if I am late, I overslept" Antoine rolled his eyes.

"No kidding since the past few months after the Talent Show you and Miguel had been...let's just say..distant"

It was true. After the events if the Talent Show and our interrupted kiss. We both found it too awkward to be in the same room for more than one second.

Half of me wanted to smack myself for acting like a shy baby and half of me wanted to pin him on a wall and kiss him till we both died.

I think that other half scares me the most. I hate puberty!

Maria snapped her fingers "I know how to get you and Miguel back together again!" I grew confused by her words "What are you talking about? We were never together!" Antoine waved me away.

"Whatever helps you tap dance. Now, are you gonna help us with the stage or ask Emilia to be the Mother of Mary?"

"The Emilia asking would be on you"

***

Emilia was more than happy to help us and be part of the play though there was also Mexico's Posadas in Christmas wherein kids would go around and ask to be let in like the scene from Mama Mary and Papa Joseph looking for a place to stay.

I was bringing back a pack of balloons and a few fabrics to make the costumes for Christmas when I spotted Miguel playing in the Plaza and a small crowd was gradually forming.

I smiled and headed over to him all the while tapping to the beat of his melody. He was playing the fast instrumental of Un Poco Loco and once the crowd saw me, they parted to make way for me.

Miguel saw me and gave a smile but I saw hesitance in his eyes and I just felt a stab in my chest like something sharp was pierced through me.

Miguel ended the melody and everyone clapped and applauded before going back to their business. I held the things on my arms tight "Hola Miguel" I greeted and he nodded before eyeing the stuff in my arms.

"What do you have there?"

I shrugged "Just stuff I needed for the play we are gonna have" Miguel grew confused "Play?" I nodded before heading out "It was nice talking to you again Miguel!" I managed to call back and part of me hoped he would at least call me back so we could talk some more.

Unfortunately, he didn't.

***

"Primo can you stop doing this to yourself?"

Rosa asked as Miguel lay down on his bed, with his guitar beside him, and a frown was on his face. Rosa hated that her cousin was acting like a puppy that was abandoned by its owner. It wasn't a Rivera character.

"She's distancing herself from me"

Miguel mumbled with his eyes void of emotion and Rosa sighed "Rule #3: The girl distances herself from the boy because the boy is making her feel like she's done something wrong" Miguel looked at Rosa sharply.