zone fifteen

a/n: probably one of my favorite quotes of all time. - bread

ace's pov:

"killjoys, BL/ind is over officially. as many of you know, killjoys from all over and up and out and down, and screwing around the alley ways, they all came to fight that last wave of enemies. some died, some hurt, some grieved, and others lay in the sand this morning. watching the sun rise as the war has ended and we, as killjoys, won. next step is to rebuild society. but give it time. killjoys, come down to some three to see what's up, down, and around. you may be surprised to see whose walking these parts. more on that in a few days killjoys, go celebrate and remember, if there is any bland walls. cover them in paint. anything. it's your wall, your rules. this is dr. death defying, saying goodnight to all the zones." dr. death explained over the speakers. then turned on the star spangled banner as he did every night. i looked up my parents, as cherri cola looked at them.

"he'll have to talk about you two eventually, you know." cherri said. i nodded.

"oh. i know. i never thought i'd be going outside until he was ghosted." ghoul sassed. i smirked and lay my head into the pillow. they smiled down at me.

"kid, you fought and won. we'll bury her okay? get some rest. you've been up all night." blitz said, cutting into the room.

"they're okay by the way, they're awake too, and waiting for you" she said, smirking. he smiled with blushed tones on his cheeks as he waved us out and ran into the other room.

"you two should get some sleep two. i don't remember the last time either of you have slept." she said, making room for frank and gerard to leave. i looked up at them concerned.

"you didn't sleep?" i asked. they both sighed and looked at each other with desperate glances. eventually giving in and shaking their heads.

"yeah. i'm sorry. we'll sleep tonight. i promise." frank said, kneeling down and kissing my hand. i looked up at gerard. worried about him too.

"i-i promise too." gerard said, weary of it. but i knew frank would make him sleep. the both leaned down and kissed me, as if i were little again and they were tucking me in.

"i love you." i said. they smiled softly at the door.

"i love you too." they both said at the same time. they had a knack for doing that. and they shut the door behind them, cherri came over.

"they'll be okay. goodnight kid." he said. i nodded as he turned off the light (as if it mattered because the sun was rising) and left me alone. falling asleep once my head hit the pillow.

-party poison's pov-

"f-frank." i said, i sat on the bed, hands fidgeting like crazy as he shut the door behind him, quickly coming to my side.

"are you going to throw up?" he asked. i shrugged as he sat right next to me. i threw my strawberry read covered head into the crook of his neck. he wrapped his arms around me, kissing my head. i knew he was tearing up for the same reason i was.

"it's okay gee. it's going to be okay." he said.

"but, we should've gone out there. i should be dead. not the girl." i said.

"if you're dead, then i'm dead too. she'd be parentless for real." he said.

"she was for ten years. she hardly knows a thing." i said. he hugged tighter.

"she needs someone. imagine not being able to interact with people for ten years. not knowing if any of your family were alive, and being left out in the dust. she needs us. trust me. it's a good thing that we're not dead gee." he said. crying.

"i don't want to loose either of you." he said, but this time in the midst of a sob. i got it if his grip and hugged him. holding on.

"me neither. i'm sorry frank." i said, i let him cry right into my chest as i leaned back, with him on top of me.

eventually the sobs stopped, i noticed he was asleep. i nuzzled up to him, kissing his nose. then falling asleep right next to him.

i had to let go.