Batshit.

Alejandro

Placing my one-hundred fifty pound dumbbell onto the carpet, I hoisted my hand onto my hip as I held the phone to my ear, patiently awaiting the sound of her voice.

"Hello."

"...Hey. How's my warrior?"

She sighed stressfully, sniffing aggressively in discomfort. I could see her right now, running her fingers through her hair in a signature maneuver.

"She's good. She's pushing through. She's.." she paused briefly, "Good." she concluded. "What about you?" she asked softly. I was not in the mood for small talk. Me, being the sturdy wall that I am, have never trusted a single soul with anything in my life. Except her. She knew everything. Everything.

"He found the ring." I blurted, walking over to my bed. Resting my body over the soft mattress, I planted my hand over my stomach, staring at the ceiling as I followed her voice.

"What do you mean he found it?" her tone was harder with concern.

"I mean, he found that shit. We were walkin' in the hallway and it was literally at his feet. Shit was crazy." I shook my head as I reminisced at the scene, recalling his intrigue with the piece of metal.

"I don't know what's good with him honestly. I don't know if he's figured anything out yet. He was a fuckin' time bomb at Chance's Party. He banged with an opp from Descendants of Escobar. Pounded that nigga right in his jaw, started wildin'" I raved on. Though I didn't mind Adrian's newfound boisterous aggression--I actually loved it--but, I didn't know why it was happening. It could be because he found shit out and doesn't know how to react, or it was because of that African girl.

Mohatu..? Some shit like that.

Every time she's around, he loses it somehow, someway. He refuses to talk about her with anyone, yet even the mention of her causes him to react. It didn't surprise me that he tried to take her home. One thing I respected most about Adrian was that he was himself regardless of what we did as a group. He had the biggest heart out of all of us. He just has so much anger built inside. I saw it ever since he turned twelve. That's how I knew he'd be a great weapon for BHB9. He's loyal and mad as hell--everything we need. Adrian is like my little brother. I see him more than anyone else does, know him. He's family.

"It's all good, though. I'll have it handled by next week." I soothed nonchalantly.

"Here you go. Always got a plan. Always in control." she chuckled. She managed to plant a half smile on my face that grew gradually with time. "That's what a real man does, baby girl. He handles shit." I joked in a kool-aid smile.

"Bye." she giggled, "You're a mess."

Through the other line, I could hear a light rustling of metal that sounded like it was coming from far behind her.

"Listen, I'm gonna let you go, okay? I have so much homework to do. I'll call you tomorrow." she said with a sudden quicken of her words. 

My eyebrows furrowed in suspicion, "Aight, make sure you call me." I demanded with the tightening of my face.

"I love you." I added.

"No, I love you." she sang, causing my stomach to flutter freely.

She hung up less than seconds later.

She was the only thing in my life that genuinely made me smile. She was the only one who gained my trust, the only girl I have ever felt anything for.

It was terrifying.

Angel

"Hold still. You better let me do this shit before it gets infected. Stop moving." she bossed irritatedly as she cupped my hairy chin into her small, cold palms. She dabbed a white, warm towelette onto the side of my eye as I sat at the edge of the wrestling ring.