Chapter Six

Allison’s P.O.V

 “How much times do I need to say I’m sorry Brent?” I asked with an innocent smile causing myself to erupt in laughter. With his pink hair, I couldn’t take him seriously, and neither could my mother.

“How many. Many Ally, Many! How many times do I need to correct you? Oh and you’re not forgiven. I LOOK LIKE BARBIE!” he shrieked loudly as he stared at his reflection in the mirror.

“You still look good and don’t blame me only. Noah is just as guilty as I am.” I innocently say and stick my tongue out as I run away before he attacks me.

“I HATE YOU BOTH”

“We love you more Brent!”

Picking up my school bag, I could hear my mother’s faint laugh at the end of the hallway.

“Brent you really do look good honey, they were just having fun.” Brent then came into view and walked closely to me; nudging me slightly with an adorable frown on his face.

“Its only fifth day of school and everyone’s gonna think I’m retarded, or even some creep!”

There was more to it than just that, I knew it by his tone, but he hasn’t chosen to tell me just yet so I kept quite.

“I’m sure you’ll be fine. Ill die my hair green if you want. Lets just get to school already.”

“Really, you’d do that?”

“No.”

**

“Last one up is a rotten egg!”

My father runs ahead of me while Brent pulls me back.

“Oh no you don’t!”

I chase after both of them laughing along the way. Our chuckles echoed throughout the trees and our smiles are wide.

“Hey wait for me!”

My mother catches up to me and together we try our best to out run the boys. Too focused on how much fun it was, I run and hit into a hard object. Looking up I see my brother full of shock. I make my way to the front of them and just stand there mesmerized by the beauty of the scenery before me. Trying to catch my breath from that tiring exercise, my cheeks turning pink; I tried to take it all in. The river flowed gently with the wind, hitting the reddish rocks. The gigantic hills covered with trees and the plain land where cows grazed the green grass. Looking down from the balcony- like cliff, I looked up at my dad and smiled.

“This my dearest, is one of the many beautiful sceneries in Melbourne.”

Our holiday in Melbourne was spent sight seeing and spending quality time with the family. I enjoyed each and every moment spent here in Melbourne and I couldn’t wait to come back.

My father hugged Brent and I as my mother wrapped her arms around his waist. 

“Ally.”

“Hello… you okay?” A hand waved before me rapidly.

The focus I had lost when I spaced out came back with the many blinks of my eyes. Whilst I came back to my senses, I wiped my tear-stained face and turned away in shame.

“Hey Ally, what’s wrong? Do you wanna talk about it?”

I looked into Vanessa’s face and then back at my unfinished painting. Slowly, I nodded my head but turned as I saw a movement from the corner of my eye. Just as I turned; Adam’s head did to. Great, was I that obvious? But I seemed to have nobody else’s attention, which relieved me. I agreed to tell her at lunchtime and turned back to painting, as I did not want to speak anymore. Not that I spoke much anyway. She gave me a grateful smile and continued her painting of a little bird in a nest. Now that I was in Melbourne again, I promised myself that I’d visit that place once more with Brent. Continuing what I started, I began blending colours of the trees, hills and river. No longer able to take the pain, I approached the teacher and asked if I could go to the restroom. My last sight as I closed the door was a small smile on Adams face, and Vanessa’s silly expressions.