Chapter Ten

Haley’s P.O.V

 I stood before my mirror, dressed in my working out attire; an extra tight shirt, silk skins, mini shorts and my bright pink kicks. Tying up my hair into a tight bun, I applied as much makeup as I could to beautify myself and hide any apparent wrinkles. I made my way out the front door, grabbing the keys and sighing to my self. My stomach churned as Allison and Brent’s reactions crossed my mind, however a smile made its way onto my face as I thought of just how bulky and how much of a good kisser he is. I couldn’t care less about my husband’s death, and so my children’s opinion didn’t bother me either. I don’t need any more problems and anchors in my life. Something else mattered though.

 Smiling to my self, I brushed my biological dynasty away as I welcomed the wave of excitement that rushed over me whilst I thought about meeting up with Josh at the gym. After getting into my car, I speedily drove down the roads, overtaking and dodging cars, only to have the angry drivers flip the bird at me. All I could think about was getting to work as soon as possible. Typically, Josh was the first to welcome me when I entered, to which I undoubtedly was grateful for. A hungry smile made its way onto his handsome face as I traced the tattoos on his arms upon embracing me.

“Hey darling.” I greeted him and walked away, swaying my hips seductively which only left him wanting more. Just the reaction I hoped for.

“Two can play that game, sweetheart.” Josh whispered to himself as he followed my lead a husky, yet sexy laugh escaping his lips.

**

Allison ‘s P.O.V

 After walking for a while in complete silence, we finally arrived at the cafeteria that I always went to. Honestly I have no idea why I’ve walked to this place with Noah by my side. The thought of seeing Adam excited me, however being with Noah did too. I guess I missed him too much that it’s extremely difficult to understand how I feel about him. The jingle of the small bells brought me back to reality. Noah placed his hand around my waist and guided me to the table by the window, the exact table Adam and I sat on. He was nowhere in sight so I turned my attention towards a confused and worried Noah.

“Ally are you okay? Is it about lunchtime?”

Nodding slightly, I fought the tears that were threatening to leak. “Ashley? Ashley out of all people, Noah? He can do better than that. And he knows that she hurt and threatened me.”

“He honestly was clueless and I’m not saying that because he’s your brother or the guy I hang out with now, I’m saying it because it is the truth.” Noah explained sorrowfully.

“So if I stuff my face in Brent’s face, will he kiss me back now?”

“Okay maybe not, but Ashley... Well she's Ashley and Brent's a guy. Hormonal teenager.” Noah smiled slightly making me giggle.

“That’s just stupid Noah. He needs to grow up and use his brain. He should’ve seen how hurt Layla was. And I was too.”

Noah nodded his head slightly.

“Yeah I think he already noticed.” He scrunched his brows as he looked up at me.

“He loves you so much Ally, the last thing he wants to do is hurt you and I promise you that.” Noah leaned in closer to me to get more comfortable on the couch.

“Hey, how may I help you?” a slightly irritated Adam asked making us snap our heads in his directions at that moment. Smiling sheepishly, I ordered my scones and coffee and spaced out as I watched him taking down our order. His gorgeous features were so captivating. Just as he left I noticed Noah’s amused expression and brushed it off with an embarrassed smile.