Chapter 1

"You got everything right?" My mom asks for like the thousandth time now.

"Yes," I sigh as I push my cream white suitcase into the trunk of the car. Once I squeeze it in, I slam the trunk door close. "I'll be fine. It's not that far just a couple of hours I'll try and visit on the weekends." I say as I place my hands on her shoulders.

Her hair in a black mess like it normally was. It was being held in a bun by one hair tie which by the way was doing a poor job at holding it together. Slight wrinkles surrounded her eyes. Tears threaten to fall from the corners of her dark-brown eyes. Her eyes held pain. The pain of losing her only child. A child that was growing up.

"Just be safe. Learn everything you can. Aigoo My baby is all grown up." She strokes my hair. She pushes a piece of hair that was loose behind my ear. I smile.

"I will," I grab her hand as it was leaving after moving my hair and placing it against my cheek. "Love you." I say with her hand still against my cheek.

"I love you too." Her face breaks into a small smile.

I let go and slowly walk to the driver side of the car. I wave at her before opening the door. As I was getting in, she continues.

"Make sure you end up near Kelley. Get a dorm with someone you know." She yells.

"I will! I already talked it out with her!" I yell. "Bye!" I say the last words ending our conversation. I slide into the car and drive away.

I was still smiling one hour into the drive. My phone went off stopping my music. I press the button on my car's stereo and pick up her call. I was thankful that the car had bluetooth so I didn't have to actually pick up my phone.

"Hello, Kelley." I say loud enough for the speaker to hear me.

"Hello," I could hear her accent even through the phone. Kelley is from the UK. Her full name was Choi Kelley. She would always stress how it was pronounced to anyone who wouldn't say it right. 'It's Kel-Ley! Not Kay-Lee or Cal-Lay! Kel-Ley! Not hard! Such an easy name.' And it was, if it was the type of names you grew up around. But around here, there are only a few amount of people that had a name that started with a 'k' and even fewer with an 'l' unless your last name was 'Lee'. "How close are you to the college?" Her voice brings me out of my daze.

"A couple more hours. Why? Missed me so much you can't wait?" I tease her.

"Ah so you're close-ish good can you stop at a store and pick me up some pencils and oh I forgot a stupid notebook." She continues on ignoring my comment.

"Aren't you closer than me? Can't you get it? And you had all summer to get stuff for school and your just now getting it?" I question her.

"Well, Yeah. But I'm busy. Please!" I roll my eyes at her behavior.

"Fine. I'll see you when I get there. I'm hanging up." I warn her before ending the call. Instantly my music returns, and I start singing along.

A few minutes later, I see a convenient store and pull into a parking lot. I park close to the front of the store. I quickly climb out and run in and get what Kelley told me to get her.

It took me a few minutes to find where they kept the office supplies. After I find it, I immediately reach for one of the notebooks. As I do, my hand collides with someone else's. I slowly trace the arm back to its owner.

It was a boy with red hair. His face was rounder than most typical faces. He is wearing a black jacket with a lighter version of its color underneath. A smile slides on his face as we both pull away except he grabs the notebook.