Chapter 8

We stare for a while. Jinyoung is the first to react, finally answering my question.

"Yes." He says slowly.

"For how long?" I ask shock still running through me.

"Since," He stops. "I don't know. I always thought it was just my own mind." He says.

"How can hearing my thoughts be considered your own?" I slowly get up and make my way towards him.

"I thought it was my subconscious helping me contradict you in your voice." He says.

"And how's that possible?" I ask slightly annoyed at this situation.

"It's like how sometimes when you hear voices they sound like people you know or have heard. I just thought it was somehow helping me with things."

"Well, obviously it was. On a very personal level." I was angry that my own thoughts had been invaded. That I had no private space even in my own mind.

"Jinyoung, since when?" I ask again wanting a real answer other than 'I don't know or I have no idea'.

"After we woke up." He says finally.

"So after the crash?" I ask.

"No, after we got drunk." He corrects me.

"Oh don't give me that shit! Excuse my language but I am sick and tired of you pushing this off. You know damn well we did not get drunk. You know you never took one step in that party. For god's sake, you woke up in the end long enough to take a look around yourself. So, don't give me this 'it didn't happen' crap just because you don't want to admit it to yourself that something like that happened." I snap and for the first time, my own anger scared me. It scared me on the inside but never making it to my outside exterior.

"Then explain why that we are the only ones that even know it happened?" He says shooting back. He stands up to even our eye level.

"You're right we are the only ones that seem to know it happened. Maybe we did get drunk maybe we passed out unconscious because of alcohol. But, I want you to explain why your car was crashed?" I say taking my right hand and pointing out my index finger. My finger crashing into his chest as I said the last few words.

"Fine, well take a look into this some more tomorrow. It's late and I think we need to calm down some before looking more into this." He tries to calm the situation.

"Fine. Tomorrow we will go to the site of the 'incident' but, before that, there's something I want to ask Kelley." I say as I walk back towards my bed to try and fall asleep.

I woke up and saw that it was around midnight but, I couldn't get myself to fall back asleep so I dig around for my earphones. I plug them into my phone. Still feeling slightly down I decide to search for a sad song or one with the beat that was just what I wanted. I decide on 'Stay Here' by Gaho one of Planetarium Records's members solo songs. I finally fall asleep to the high notes in the course.

I woke up for a second time with my headphones laying around my head out of my ears. I lean my head up and saw the light coming through the window across the room signaling that it was morning. I force myself to set up on the bed. I look over towards Jinyoung's bed to find it empty.

'Wasn't he here last night? That boy promised to go with me to the incident site!!'

"I was just in the bathroom no need to freak out." He says walking out. He was already dressed for the day.

'I don't know. You seemed to have many ways to escape these last few weeks.'

"What?" I say when I see him look at me through the corner of his eyes. "You're the one invading my private thoughts. It's your fault if you overhear things." I shrug my shoulders at him not even ashamed of my thoughts. He looks back off in front of him and heads towards the door.