Chapter 6

I am blinded by light when I attempt to open my eyes. I stare up at the white ceiling waiting for them to adjust to the light.

Memories flow back into my mind. The accident. The crash. The damaged red light. The creature made out of pure red light. Our lives hanging on the line between life and death.

'Did we live?'

The question finally runs through my head. I slowly rise and am met with confusion.

I was met with the open space of our dorm. No hospital beds. No endless white that wasn't the ceiling. No heart monitor keeping track of the life it's attached to. Instead, it was the morning sun falling through the window in the living room.

I look over towards the direction of Jinyoung's bed. Fear runs through me when I see an unmoving body under the comforter. I quickly jump up and run over to him. I collapse onto the floor the second my feet made contact to the ground. I momentarily freak out thinking I had broken my legs until I look down and realize they were still attached and just asleep. I could feel the buzzing, numb-needle like feeling reinsuring that they were indeed just asleep.

I push myself back up and continue to crawl my way over towards Jinyoung. Once I make it over to him, I bend my knees under me, so I can see onto the bed.

"Jinyoung?" I lightly touch his arm. When I don't get a response I grab him and start to shake him. "JINYOUNG!" I yell. Badly I want a response.

I hear a grown just as he pushes my arms away from him. A sigh of relief falls from my mouth when I realize he's ok. He slowly rises into a sitting position. He takes in his surrounding. I notice a small hint of confusion strike his face. I get up and walk over towards the living area. I sit down in one of the lounge chairs as Jinyoung makes his way over to do the same.

We sit in silence for a little while. Neither of us sure what to say.

I lift my arm up and examine it. I continue to look around more without actually getting up. I saw no scars or felt any pain for that matter. I look over at Jinyoung and see him staring into space.

'The crash was bad. If I remember correctly his head was bleeding.'

I slowly get up and walk over towards Jinyoung with that thought in mind. I was about to see if there was a scar or anything when I'm intercepted by Jinyoung. He holds up his hand stopping me from moving his bangs so I can get a better view of his forehead.

'Dang, I just wanted to see if there was anything wrong. I was just concern. Damn.'

I get annoyed by his action.

"I'm fine. I already checked it while you were looking for your own." He says. We both drop our hands at the same time and I turn and walk back to the lounge I was sitting in.

I look at him from the corner of my eye upset and annoyed.

We sit lost in thought until there was a knock on the door. As usual, I'm the one that has to open the door.

"What did I tell you about leaving without telling me?!" I am greeted with an angry Kelley. She walks past me into the room. "You two ok?" She says looking between us.

"Yes?" I look at Jinyoung slightly confused about how we were.

"Well, that's not surprising. But you two were sure knocked out!" She says her voice turning into a laughing tone.

"I don't think what happened was a laughing matter," I say with more confusion.

"Sure. But if you look at it from a stranger's point of view it was." She says tilting her head a little.