Chapter Thirty Two

Alisha got back to Klaus' house, but immediately needed to go. She wanted to find Damon, and she knew exactly where to look.
"Hey, Klaus. I know I just got here, but I need to leave for a bit. I promise I'll be right back. Do you have a car I can use?"
"Well, after the way you drove the last time, I don't know if I feel safe, knowing you're out there driving. Should we warn people you're on the road?"
He said with a smile.
"Haha, very funny. Would you feel better if you drove Me? I'm just going to the grill."
"I suppose I could make the time."
"Good. Get your shoes."

------

Damon had gone for a walk. Not really knowing where he was going. Only that he felt like being reckless, but at the same time, a part of him wanted to be good. And that just made him furious! He was a vampire damn it! He was supposed to kill. Supposed to drink blood. It's in his nature!

He figured he'd go to the grill, see if there are any new tourists around. He couldn't do anything at the grill. They'd suspect him first if they disappeared. But that's usually the first place new people will go.

Walking inside, he saw no one new there, so he decided to just sit at the bar.

The Grill didn't have many people there, but he wasn't really in a talking mood anyway.

He saw Matt was bartending so he just sat there.
"Hey Damon. The usual?"
"Yup, and keep them coming."

As he sat there with his glass of scotch, he spun it under his hand. Just in circles. Thinking. He just let his mind do the pacing that his feet wanted to do. He lifted the scotch up to his nose to smell it.

"Bottoms up!"   he said, as he downed the drink, then sat his glass back on the counter and waved for Matt to get him another one. 

He turned around in his chair, to see if anyone new had come in since he had. 

No such luck

"Hey, you seen Alisha lately? She's been gone a while." 

Matt asked Damon, as he brought him his next glass. He sat it down in front of him. Damon took a swig, then downed that one as well, and gave Matt an evil look before turning back around in his chair to stare at the door. 

Impatiently. 

"Bad day?" 

"Ya, you could say that."

"Can I get you anything else?"

"Ya, a new chew toy. This puppy is bored with routine, and needs something to do."

"Look, Damon... I don't..."

He didn't get past that part before Damon looked at Matt and placed his hand around his neck. Squeezing, slightly.

"You should just stop talking, and get me another drink.  I'm not really in the mood to deal with other peoples trivials, much less talk about mine. So, let's get one thing straight. We are NOT friends. YOU are Elena's friend, and if you don't want to become Elena's dead friend that I just ate for dinner, you'll do your job. Get me another drink. Now!"

"Damon, I think you need to leave. I'm not afraid of you!"

 I'm not afraid of you!"

"Damon!"

"Elena?"

"What? No, I hate when people do that! It's me. Alisha. Can you stop? Leave Matt alone and come out with me for a walk. Please?" 

"Matty boy... You are saved by the doppleganger." 

Then he shoved Matt down on the ground. Matt put his hands around his neck. Rubbing at the spot where Damon had his hands. He was just glad Damon hadn't actually snapped his neck. 

"Sorry I called you Elena. It happens when I'm caught up in something, that i tend to not pay much attention to those around me. And you do sound alike, ya know."

"Gee, Damon... I cant imagine why that would be. It's not like we are twins or something."