Two

A/N: Hello everyone! Thank you for reading. If you want to read ahead, go to my INKITT account. I update there ahead than here. Link on my bio, external link and on the comment section. Please help me support the story as well in INKITT. 

Also follow me on Twitter or my Facebook page for an announcement on Updates, freebies, and new stories. Link on my bio. Thank you!

~

"Spill the beans, damn it! Tell me everything! How the hell did you get this job? And will you be working for Julian?" Though Kathy wasn't physically in the room with us, her voice on loudspeaker made her presence palpable.

"I don't really know about whether I'll be working with him. I've just got the job, Kathy. My training doesn't start until next week." I informed.

"Oh my god! I can't believe I'm getting closer to my imaginary boyfriend. This is surreal!" She muttered in dazed out loud.

"Do you think your husband would have any thought and opinion on that matter?" Mateo butted in, snapping Kathy out of her dream state.

"Jeremy wouldn't mind. He already knows about this obsession." Kathy confidently argued.

"Still, don't you feel bad for him? This could be considered as cheating, you know." Mateo pressed, trying to break Kathy's resolved, which never really works. It makes me wonder why he still tried.

"Shut up, Mateo! You don't know the very definition of that word with a married couple. A slob and wimp like you who runs at a sight of commitment should keep your opinion to yourself." She fought back.

"Well, at least I know my limits!" He spat in rage.

"And... that's the end of the conversation." I interjected, grabbing the phone out of Mateo's hand and quickly ending the call before the mood died.

"Well, seeing as Kathy have a good impression of this guy, I think it's time I get to know what he looks like..." I swiftly declared the change the conversation. Since I already had Mateo's phone in my hand, I used his phone to do a bit of research.

"Hey! Don't use my phone to find a picture of this guy... It'll start suggesting stuff about him on my news thread." Mateo was about to reach out and grab it out of my hand, but I was quick on my feet and moved away from his reach.

"Just delete the search history," I suggested to ease up his concern while I waited for the images to load.

Once it came up, my eyes twitched and I slowly covered my mouth. "Good god," I whispered in awe.

"Let me see, dear," mom finally spoke up after our call with Kathy. Since I hadn't responded and continued looking through the image thread, she stood up and peered over. "Is that your new boss?"

Not sure if I could speak, I nodded my head in response.

"Well, I raised you, girls, right. And that's some vitamins for the eyes."

~

Over the weekend, I had another girl's weekend with April, which started becoming a thing after I quit my previous job. We've binged watched at least two seasons of one of the shows in Netflix I hadn't touched. By Sunday evening, in our comfy pajamas and cozy blanket, we've finally addressed the most important reason why we're celebrating – in our own way. After opening the search engine on my laptop, April didn't think twice going through the search thread with his name on it.

"Okay, what topic should we cover first? His family background? Or the list of ex-girlfriend this guy has?" How she addressed the question, it was like we were doing criminal profiling.