Four

A/N: Hello everyone! Thank you for reading. If you want to read ahead, go to my INKITT account. I update ahead there. Link on my bio, external link and on the comment section. Please help me support the story as well in INKITT.

Also follow me on Twitter or my Facebook page for an announcement on Updates, freebies, and new stories. Link in my bio. Thank you!

~

"Oh, I'm sorry. Where were my manners?" He stated a bit smugly. "Please come in. Would you like something to drink, or eat?"

"I don't –" I started but abruptly stopped when I heard a female voice called out behind him. I felt like I was hosed down again with cold water in the middle of winter. And the smile on my face slowly turned sour. By the time this conversation ended, I might get sick.

"Julian! What are you doing? Your food's getting cold!" The female's voice called as she got closer and closer until finally came to view. "Who's this?"

Hearing her, Julian turned around, giving me a view of a blond bombshell. Beautifully curled hair, and shimmering healthy skin, she looked like she just got off a Victoria Secret runway. Typical.

This was another of those situations I'm proud to have the experience of going through those job as a secretary for sleazy men. I could easily mask my emotions on cue. "Good morning, ma'am. I'm sorry to interrupt you and Mr. Hawksley. I'm only here to give him some work related paperwork. I'm Zoey Curtis, Mr. Fletcher's assistant."

The woman gave me a once over before turning to Julian. "I didn't know Rufus hired an assistant. Does he even need it?"

"Rufus might be the only other person besides myself who have the most hectic schedule, Grace." Julian finally addressed the woman's name.

So he has a Grace. The tabloid hadn't said anything about him being in a relationship right now. And thinking they weren't even in any relationship other than physical wasn't helping in changing my opinion of him.

"Speaking of Rufus, where is he? Usually, he doesn't leave your side," she stated. Now she had completely ignored my presence altogether.

"He's handling the office right now, which is why I'm still here with you," he pointed out.

"Right." Grace rolled her eyes and briefly studied me. "Come join me in the dining room once you're done." She said before turning back around.

Feeling like I'm no longer wanted, I cleared my throat, getting back Julian's attention. "I think I'll be going ahead now, Mr. Hawksley. And I'm also late for my next appointment."

"What appointment?" He asked, arching his eyebrow.

"Mr. Fletcher..." I started but he didn't let me finish as he pulled out his phone from his pocket and tugged away the towel that still lingered on his shoulder.

On the first ring, the person on the other end answered. "Rufus," He gave me a hint who he had called. "Do you need Zoey this moment?" I was taken aback as he said my name for the first time. I ogled at him as he listened to Rufus' response.

Suddenly his eyebrow creased to whatever Rufus had said. "I'll give the phone to her than," Julian muttered before handing his phone to me.

I took it. "Good morning, Mr. Fletcher."

"Ms. Curtis, glad you got to Julian before he left for work. I'm sorry I hadn't given you a call this morning. I have a short errand I need from you. Do you have a pen with you? I'll dictate the details. Also, I have some documents I need sorting." Rufus didn't waste time in getting straight to his point.