Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I came in from the back of our cabin-house, exahusted from running in the blaring heat. Oh no, I could hear vociferous laughs and strident voices bellowing 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEZZLE!' from the lounge. I furtively sneaked into my room to change my outfit, however I bumped into Mama who was in the hallway and she glared at me, as if her soft, azure eyes were scolding me "Sienna Adelle Clayton, you're late for one of the most important events taking place at our house this year, making Ezabelle happy after year's of her parents bereavement, trying to hide memories of her brother's death. You couldn't have cared less..." But I stared at her disappointed face, she hadn't said anything, it was all going on in my head. I looked down and started to walk to my room, and that's when she sighed and spoke up. "Ezabelle was thwarted when she saw you were'nt there, you could have made a better effort. What happened to your skirt? Go change and get there this instant.'

"SIA! YOU CAME! WHERE WERE YOU? YOU'RE LOOKING GORGEOUS!" Ezabelle hollered, so practically the whole house shook, and everyone stopped to see what all the fuss was about. I blushed; I was wearing a cerulean blue dress made from silk printed with white daisies and gold thread traced around the flowers. I put my long hair in up a bun and left a few strands of my fringes out. That was all I could do in a minute.

"How could I forget?" There was a tired smile on my face. I caught Mama's eye and she shot a grin back at me and I think she read my eyes that notified "At least I came, and that's all that matters to her. Anyways, I was buying a gift for her, not myself or anyone else."

Then I glanced at Chloe who was right behind me. She folded her arms and grinned, and I scrutinized her green eyes. "Oh, so you got her a birthday gift, did you? We'll see who wins this one, so you better keep a low profile."

I smirked and I think she got my message "Oh yeah, well whatever, it doesn't matter how good the gift is, or how big in your case, it's about your intention. Yours was to impress others by the gift, and mines was to actually make Bezzle happy. There's a big difference." I murmured to her. That ought to shut her up.

Matthew's eyes don't say anything, well maybe they don't mean anything to me. The guests were about to arrive from Aromatis and a few from Evyla: my grandparents, aunts and uncles, my tons of agitated cousins and some of Bezzle's and my schoolmates and friends. 

Wishidyas in our tradition were celebrated with a family and friend get-together with lunch and then the birthday host opens presents like they do in the Real World. Additionally, everyone gathers and says good wishes and prayers for the birthday host and the father (otherwise the mother in some cases, or whoever the guardian is) nourishes the child with Elmins, special sweets preserved for prestigious events, that are said to be the favourite dish of the gods. Some of the modern Harmenians host party games, as inspired from the Real World, however we don't since my family likes to keep tradition as it is.

"Oh my darling Sienna! My, look at you! You've grown so much since the last I saw you! What do you eat, super growth elixirs?" I think my grandmother needs eyeglasses now, since the last time she saw me was two weeks ago, and I don't think I've grown so dramatically in the past fourteen days. Anyways, I ought to get used to it, it's the first thing she says when she meets me (except the super growth elixir part, she added that this time).

I give a fake snigger. "Haha, that's funny Gramma! No, I don't think I've grown that much!" Then she did the most exasperating thing most grandmothers do, and I strongly detest it. She pulled my cheeks and ruffled my hair like I was some five-year old kid and told me I was looking "cute". Chloe almost laughed her head off seeing me suffer like that. "Thanks Gramma, why don't you try some of that scrumptious Niviara mother made, it's delicious!" Gramma smiled. "Your mother and her cooking cetainly go well together and I like it. I definately will!" She went off and did the same thing all over again to my other cousins. "Oh Brett you've grown so tall!" and it went on, 'Oh Joshua' and 'Oh Gwen' and 'Oh Melissa'. She'll never get tired, that's for sure.

After all that mouth-watering Niviara, I felt drowsy and I wanted to go for a little snooze but then my mother said it was time to open the gifts. I suddenly came out of my castle in Spain, my fantasy world I often drop into,  wanting to see Chloe's gift. I bet she was thinking the same...

Dolls, hair accessories, bracelets, paintings, picture frames... everyone had gotten Bezzle the same usual things. Matthew had got her a weaving loom with various coloured threads which I thought was stimulating for a change.

Mother and father got her three dresses in vibrent, eye-catching colours with matching shoes and jewellery. No doubt it must have been quite expensive; they must have been saving for it. Next was Chloe...she took the gift out of a large, pink designer bag.

You'd never believe what she had bought for Ezabelle. THE SAME BEAUTIFUL WOVEN HAT WITH THE THREADED EMBROIDERY THAT I HAD SEEN AT THE BAZAAR! It was attractive, expensive and unique from all the gifts yet. It was good actually, but mines was better. Even though I wasn't up for the competiton, I might stand a fair chance against her. By the way, I might have had bought the hat if I had enough money. I don't care anymore. This is so stupid! Why are we even fighting? My brain was swirling with ridiculus thoughts.

"Focus Sienna, Bezzle will be overwhelmed to see what you got her. Don't regret, regret, regret..." I told myself. I get off track when I get tense, when beads of sweat trickle down my forehead and I can't think because... I don't know, maybe I'm anxious or afraid. I loathe that feeling, a lot. Apparently I had it when Ezabelle and Evan were rescued from Silifod, though I don't know why I'm edgy right now, there's nothing serious. 

"OH MY GOSH CHLOE ITS AMAZING I LOVE IT THANK YOU SO MUCH! I LOVE YOU!" She said it all in one breath; Bezzle was really thrilled by the gift. Afterall, she seemed quite bored rigid of the stuff she had previously received. She hugged Chloe and she beamed. "How's that for a change? Bring it up girl, let's see what you've got..." I analysed her eyes again and that's what they displayed, a shufti of pretentiousness.

"Yes, you're on. You aked for it..." I mustered my courage for this worthless matter, but how can I resist such overconfidence, especially from my toffee-nosed sister?

So how'd u think of Chloe's gift? What were u expecting? What do u think Sia is gonna give Bezzle, even though I did give a few hints in the last chapter...

ANYWAYS, i spent my night uploading this for u since i coukd have been watching the EURO CUP FOOTBALL FINAL! My bro told me Spain are 2 and Italy are 0! GOOOOO SPAIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! YAY! ITS 4-0 NOW! SPAIN WON! WOOOOO!

I'd rather shut up and go sleep now, so when i wake up from my beauty sleep, ILL HAVE 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 COMMENTS AND VOTES! NOT...I CAN STILL DREAM! MAKE AN EFFORT PEOPLE! I'm not being mean! LOL JK! Im going karazyyyy spain won! I definately need sum sleep!

LNL! BYEEEE!

LOVE U ALLL!