Chapter 3

Dedicated to georgieberry because I think her stories are the best I've read so far on Wattpad :)

Chapter 3

The bright rays of sunlight shone though my little window of our cabin home which woke me up from my contentful sleep, however I woke up full of beans for a change. The jovial birds were twittering especially the little macaw that seldom settles on the mango tree in our petite vegetable patch. The fresh air drifted the aroma of Niviara, charcoaled meat with boiled potatoes and gravy, my mother's special meal on ostentatious occasions. What day was it today?

"Liviyada (greeting in our language; it means something like 'may your day be blessed with happiness' or some similar sort of crap), Sienna!" Chloe chirped, looking like she was in high spirits today. She pulled the curtains, opened the window and inhaled the aroma of delicious food coming from the kitchen. "Liviyada Chloe, why are you so happy today? And why is mama cooking Niviara today, early in the morning?" I asked inquisitively.

Chloe stared at me like I was the biggest fool on Earth. "Sienna, how could you forget? It's Ezabelle's wishidya, her birthday! She hasn't celcebrated it like her parents did since she came in with us, so we decided to organize a family gathering for her wishidya lunch, just a small one to make her happy. And it's also..."Chloe softened her tone down and looked at the ground as she spoke, "Evan's death anniversary, so we can't let Bezzle know about it."

I was totally unaware of that, knocked for six. "What do you mean Chloe? Evan died on Bezzle's wishidya? Does she even know about it? "I asked, quite shocked and dazed.

Chloe nodded, "Yes, apparently the volcanic erruption happened in Silliford at five in the morning. I remember that terrible day so well, like a nightmare in my head. Bezzle was sleeping, it was the day before her birthday .After the suddden movement of the ground after the erruption, her parents went outside to check what happened outside and unfortunately, died from the lava and toxic gases. You were just eight at that time, and we rushed to Silliford as soon as one of the disinters told us about the news. We picked up 'Sleeping Beauty' from her bed and Evan, who was crying helplessly as if he knew that the dead bodies of his mother and father were outside. The corpses were carried by Eric, the head disinter back then and we took the kids out of Silliford as swift as the breeze in the morning, the freezing chill. The steady heartbeat of the poor toddler came to a faint the next day, and that was the end. Unlucky Bezzle had to celebrate her seventh birthday at the funeral of her family. She must have forgotton about it, and I'm glad she did."

"I had no idea.I feel guilt rising inside my body, Chloe, for when I was small, I used to hate her for barging into our family like this. She was beautiful, but broken down and I was still jealous. I didn't realize all this could happen at once, this tragedy. Remember when we used to go to Silliford for vacations? I used to have disputes with Bezzle but she was an adorable cousin, and one morning everything just changed for her. It felt wierd having her as an adopted sister, but I think i'm getting along." I had a flashback of us as kids playing in the rain and fighting on impractical little things.

"Come on, cheer up Sia, I didn't want to scare you this morning. On a brighter note, just to let you know, I got Bezzle the best gift and I also helped mama to make Niviara; she says she's proud of me. Oh yeah, and there might be some foreigners coming to shoot a movie here is Harmenia! The best part yet; Papa asked Mathew and I to be their guides! If we're good enough and we let them have the best possible environment for their movie, papa might talk to them about my scholarship at a university in some place called London, that's where they are coming from and I've been so excited!"

That was a lot to take in at once; a movie being filmed here in Harmenia, the possible chance of Chloe fulfilling her dream to become a doctor, Ezabelle's family's death anniversary and Bezzle's birthday...BEZZLE'S BIRTHDAY! I needed to get her a gift within an hour! There was no time for breakfast. I guess I'm nice, I was sacrificing my breakfast for Bezzle's gift, it that's what sacrificing is...