Chapter 8

SORRY FOR UPDATING SO LATE I HAD EXAMS :'( but this is a long one!!
Also, this chapter contains explicit sexual content in the end, so you can skip that part if you're not into that! ;)

A/n: for those who don't know I changed gemma's name to ally, because many of you were associating Gemma to Gemma styles. And that's not what I want you to think, Gemma was a random name. ;) (was it?...)
----

Quoting Harry quoting Tolstoy, happy families are all alike. But each unhappy family is unhappy its own way, and I guess this was just our way.

I spent the rest of my Sunday at home thinking about Ally. What would she be like, if she was still alive? At the time, my father tried to spare me from all the details he could; apart from her first name and age, the only thing I knew about her was that both her parents and mine couldn't stand each other, and had sworn never to forgive each other. I had never met her family, but my mother had met them at Ally's funeral. I admired my mother for having the strength to show up at the girl whom her husband was having an affair with's funeral; I, on the other hand, had decided not to go. Back then, my 17 year old self couldn't be bothered about showing respect to the girl's family, as tried to glue back the pieces my dad's affair had tore apart inside my heart. I thought I had the perfect family, until that day.

Around 11pm, my eyelids were slowly starting to close as I made my way towards my bed to go to sleep. After finally laying down, my phone started ringing, and I checked for the caller ID. Harry Styles. I don't know why, but I thought his surname suited him quite well, and I was getting used to charmingly calling him Harry Styles, to match his charming personality.

"Harry?"

"Violet."

"Harry?"

"Violet."

"Harry!"

"It's such lovely night, don't you think? Almost as lovely as you."

"As much as I'm fond of your romantic remarks, it's late and I've got work tomorrow."

"What a coincidence, so do I. You think that's romantic? The best is yet to come, darling." he said in his cheeky raspy voice. I could feel him smiling as he spoke.

"Harry."

"I thought we were past this?" he said slowly, "Violet."

"Are you bored?"

"Yes, very much. I miss my belongings."

"Why don't you have the key to your house yet, then?"

"The insurance company said they were having trouble finding my ID linked to the house's owner. Basically, it could take up to weeks until I get my key back."

"Oh, that sucks, I'm sorry Harry."

"Read to me, Violet."

"You want me to read to you? Read what?"

"Anything you'd like, I'm not picky."

I got up and grabbed my copy of 'Wuthering Heights', the book I had found Harry reading, and started reading my favorite parts of it to him.

(A/n: "I've no more business to marry Edgar Linton than I have to be in heaven and if the wicked man in there had not brought Heathcliff so low I shouldn't have thought of it. It would degrade me to marry Heathcliff now so he shall never know how I love him and that not because he's handsome Nelly but because he's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of his and mine are the same and Linton's is as different as a moonbeam from lightning or frost from fire.")