Aaliyah's dairy, age 10

December 14, 1969

Fame can be, well, sometimes it's good, sometimes it's night. It's good, because I can keep my mind off the things that I'm always thinking about, it's bad because I'm tired of all the traveling and the recording and all these dumb dresses Susanne be making me wear during my performances, I just wish I could escape it, I wish I could go back into time where I was just a normal five year old girl, and I was with my mother, I wish I could go back to the good times, before My mother died in that car wreck and I had to go live with my god Mother Susanne DePasse. I remember the time when we would sit by the fire and sing songs like twinkle twinkle little star, and old folk songs. It was like it didn't even matter that my father was gone in the street half the time, we had good times at home. Now that she's gone, she's all I ever think about, I mean I know it's been five years, but I loved my mom she was the best person ever.Sometimes I just wish I had a friend, someone my age that I can relate to, Not all these grown ups that I have to be around 24/7. I prayed Last night, that God would give me one, and I hop he listened because I am entirely to young to be lonely. Way to young. Susanne tryed to get my father back into my life but i don't want to ever lay my eyes on him again. He's the reason why my mom is dead. But that's like a whole different story. I'll get back to you about that one.I just want a friend, thats it, I don't care if it's a dog, I just need someone to tell my secrets to. But I bet that'll never happen. *sighs*

So anyway, today I'm sitting in this dressing room writing in my mother old song journal, I go on In about ten minutes I think . I'm at the Ed Sullivan show for like the fifth time sense I became famous, Susanne wanted me to introduce this new kids group that was just signed by the record company that she work at, and that I work for, Motown Records. The group is called The Jacksons, The Jackson brothers, or the Jackson 5 or something like that. I have to sing too of course, and I have to meet these boys too. Ugh! Whatever. Well I guess I should go now before Susanne starts looking for me.

Oh now she calling me onto stage I better go!!

Aaliyah Haughton

The girl who is looking for a friend.