First Encounter

~ Lilith's POV ~

As I walked up to the cafe, my father's last words to me rang through my head.

"No more 'messing up' Lilith! You aren't a little angel anymore! You can't just run around trying to find that stupid demon!"

"I'll show you..." I mumbled before going into the cafe.

I immediately found who I was looking for. The demon, Grendal, was working as the cashier. He looked up from his sale and saw me, quickly handing the job off to a different employee.

He walked around the counter and followed me out the door. I lead the way to the alley that runs along side the building.

"So, Grendal, do you have any new information for me?" I asked.

"Well," he started, "I found the prince of hell."

I had to force myself to not smile. I was finally going to be able to prove my father wrong!

"Where is he then?" I asked quickly.

"We agreed on a price, did we not?"

Of course. Demons and their stupid prices...

I grabbed a small bag of gold from my waisted and handed it to him. He leaned forward like he was going to whisper in my ear and....

What?

His head no longer was attached to his body, and a few feet away, there was a man who was wiping blood off of his blade.

"So," the man said, "I heard you were looking for me?"

I couldn't move. This was the prince of hell? The highest ranked demon next to Lucifer himself? He was gorgeous. He had jet black hair that was cut so it barely hung in his eyes. And his eyes, such a bright blue, as sharp as ice. The black wings that came out of his back matched his hair color exactly. The armor he wore has to be the same make as mine, but it was as black as night. The cape draped over his shoulder was crimson, the color of blood.

C'mon Lilith! Get your act together! He's the prince of hell! What are you SUPPOSED to do?

That's right. I snapped out of my haze and decided what I was going to do. He still hadn't moved, so we can't have been standing here for too long. I quickly threw one of my hidden knives at him, drawing my own sword as he dodged the knife. I couldn't give him any time. I charged.

~Author's Note~

If you guys can't tell, italics are thoughts. Just a heads up ^.^