Her Mission... Gone Wrong

~ The Prince's POV ~

"What happened?" I thought to myself.

This girl is just standing there. I didn't move, I was too curious to see what she was going to do. I mean, I did just kill a demon in front of her.

I was in the middle of debating what could possibly be going on in her mind when she unfroze and threw a hidden knife at me. I dodged it easily. She had drawn her own sword. It was a rare blade, glowing faintly with the white light of innocence and life. She charged at me. Rookie mistake.

The blade suggested she was of higher class, but her attack stances told that she had little to no training.

Who is this girl?

My mind was filled with thoughts of who she might be as we continued the fight.

I still was unable to figure it out by the time I had her pinned to the ground. She was breathing heavily.

I kept her there so she couldn't move and asked again, "So you were looking for me?"

"Y-y-yes..."

"Why?"

"Because..." She started carefully, "Because I was supposed to kill you..."

She closed her eyes tightly, thinking I was going to kill her. Instead, I got up, allowing her to move and held my hand out to her. She looked at it cautiously before taking it and allowing me to help her up.

"Now, why would you want to kill me?" I asked.

She replied in a monotone voice, "Because you're the prince of hell. Why else?"

I stepped forward so that she was pinned between me and the alley wall. I drew a small, crimson dagger and held it to her neck. The skin immediately turned black where the blade touched.

"Now now," I said, "You should know better than to try and lie to the prince of all evil."

"I'm... sorry! Please... just... don't kill... me!" She choked out.

I smiled, the blade's power was taking effect.

"Give me a reason not to." I told her.

"Because... I'm Gabriel's daughter.... And I don't think... your father would... be too happy with you... for starting a war..."

I slowly lowered the weapon and took a step back. She held her neck, breathing normally now.

Hmph... She's not as stupid as she seems.

"Alright, you got me there." I said.

She smiled smugly before turning to leave. I lunged forward and wrapped my arms around her, trapping her arms and wings.

"Let me go!" She screamed.

"No can do, Princess. I can't just let you go. You can identify me now, so the only way you get to walk, is if your father is able to find the right price."

I smiled at the look of fear on her face before taking off into the sky. Once we were far above the city, I pulled my wings in, surrounding myself and the girl.

"What are you doing?!" She yelled.

"Falling into hell, what else?"

I laughed at her screams as we fell towards the ground...

~Author's Note~

Things might get a little confusing next chapter... But never fear, the truth is coming! :)