Doomed

~ Lilith's POV ~

God damn him!

He was avoiding all my attacks. Even the advanced ones I was trying out. He doesn't even look like he's trying. All of a sudden, he knocked my feet out from under me and pinned me to the ground.

I could hardly breathe. Why was my heart beating so fast?

"Because you liiiiiike him!" The annoying voice in my head said.

"Whatever." I thought back.

I needed to calm down though or he might think something is up...

"So," he said, "You were looking for me?"

No sh*t Sherlock.

Hush up!

"Y-y-yes..." I stuttered.

I never stutter...

I'm telling ya sweetie. He's got your heart!

"Why?" He asked.

"Because... because I was supposed to kill you..."

I tensed up and closed my eyes, expecting him to kill me, just as he had Grendal.

A few moments later, I felt his weight disappear and I opened my eyes to see him holding a hand out to me. I looked at it, debating whether or not to trust him.

To Hell with it...

I took his hand and he helped me up.

"Now," he started, "why would you want to kill me?"

"Because you're the prince of hell, why else?" I said in a blank voice.

Before I knew it, he took a step forward, trapping me against the wall. He drew a blade of crimson that radiated death, raising it so that it was against my neck.

"Demon blade..." The voice inside my head said.

I raised my head, trying to minimize the blade's contact on my skin. I couldn't see the blade anymore, but it felt like I was being choked.

"Now now," he whispered, "you should know better than to try and lie to the prince of all evil."

"I'm... sorry! Please... just... don't kill... me!" I said in between breaths.

He smiled mischievously and said, "Give me a reason not to."

So many reasons went through my head, but none of them would mean anything to him.

You could always tell him...

But I don't think it's smart to tell him who I am...

At this point, I was hardly breathing at all.

Damn this demon blade is strong...

I don't think you have a choice. The voice reasoned.

Fine.

"Because..." I started, "I'm Gabriel's daughter... And I don't think... your father would... be too happy with you... for starting a war..."

It looked as if he was thinking for a moment before he stepped back. I gulped down air gratefully, finally calming down and breathing normal. I glared at the smirk he wore.

"Alright," he said, "you got me there."

I grinned and turned to leave, thinking this little meeting was over. I hadn't even taken two steps before I felt strong arms around me, trapping my arms and wings.

"Let me go!" I yelled.

"No can do, Princess..." He said.

Princess?

"I can't just let you go," he continued, "you can identify me now, so the only way you get to walk is if your father can find the right price."

Fear shot through my body like a bullet.

Is he kidnapping me?!

That question was answered soon after when he took off into the sky. He flew far above the city, higher than even angels normally fly. Suddenly, he pulled in his wings, surrounding us.

"What are you doing?!" I screamed.

Oh calm down...

"Falling into Hell, what else?" He said, laughing at my screams.

We were falling way too fast, and it was too late for him to pull out of the dive. I closed my eyes and braced for impact... But it never came.

Instead of us hitting the ground, it felt like the entire world had turned upside down. Once that feeling passed, I opened my eyes and gasped.

"What?" He said in a mocking tone, "Never been to Hell before?"

What he had said didn't even register in my mind. It was too busy trying to take in the sight. Chandeliers made of fire hung from above, curtains of flowing lava on every window, pillars of blood red marble, fountains with dark red water...

It's beautiful, is it not?

I guess... In its own, demented way...

"So," I started cautiously, "what do we do now?"

"We go find you a room." Said an unfamiliar voice.

I turned to see who it was, and in the doorway, stood a woman.

~Author's Note~

No worries peeps, don't fear the bold :3 it will all make sense soon. I promise ;)