Chapter 4: Pranks!

Meli and I had already set up the pranks. We put Zinnias favourite pair of shoes and Gladys' favourite bag in the veg and fruit draw. They would never look in there! Ahh payback was so much fun.

We are walking to the park. We being Melinda, Petunia and I. We are going for a picnic. We see the lake and set the picnic blanket down by it. We snack on cucumber sandwiches, cakes and more luxuries. Petunia and I decide to walk off our dinner, put Melinda stays to pack everything away. We walk around to the other side of the lake, and feed the ducks. For some reason they are only over here. Petunia leans forwards, trying to throw the bread further, and nearly falls in, but I pull her back quickly. We tire and go back to where we had our picnic...but no one is there. Where is Melinda? I debate splitting up to find her, before remembering Petunia is only three. Where will she be? We walk around the lake again, but there is no sign of her whatsoever. We go back, but she isn't there either.

"Where is she?" Petunia asks, with the sweetest lisp I've ever heard.

"I'm sorry, I don't know. Shes probably just gone off to get food or something." I reply.

"But we just ate!"

"I know, Petunia, I know. Well, actually, I don't know. We'll find her soon enough.

My phone vibrates in my pocket, and I unlock it. Melindas name flashes across the screen, so I tap on it. It comes up with a text. I open the text and read one word I really didn't want to. 'Help'. I manage to track her phone down to an abandoned warehouse down town. It is huge. I go there, still with Petunia. After all, its not like I could leave her alone. We get there and we hear shouting. We run up several flights of stairs, before coming up on the roof. Thats when we see Melinda. On the edge. With a masked figure infront of her. Holding a gun to her head. He pushes her, and she falls. I just catch her last word- Janet.