Moving on Up

"I gotta new place, it's my birthday! Gotta new place, it's my birthday!" I cheered as the guys carried me into my new place on the sofa.

"Keep calm, ya birthday not for another five days!" Jodi yelled as she put dishes away in the kitchen cabinets. I laughed.

"There's always a hater!" I said standing up as the guys let me down. I looked around. "It's perfect!" I said getting emotional and fanning my face. "I'm about to turn twenty!" I said with a pout.

"Baby you got get out yo feelings, it's ya birthday." King said hugging me. I whined.

"I know... I'm turning twenty! I don't wanna get old." I said, honestly. He laughed.

"I promise you I'll make you change ya mind about turning twenty." He said cuffing my butt.

"You promise?" I asked, and he nodded.

"Swear to God!" He said.

"Okay. I'm happy." I said.

"Bitch what you cooking?" Jodi asked.

"What's that?" I said turning to look at her.

"Don't play hoe, you promised me food homes!" She said.

"Oh bitch you being funny?" I asked. "That was real cute, that's why yo ass gone starve." I told her.

"Bae, I gotta go. But I'll be back later to help you break in the new place." King told me. I looked at him and nodded suspiciously. Now there's a difference between being stupid and being naive, it's some shit going on and a bitch like me gone get down to the bottom of it. He leaned down kissing me, I kissed him back just so he won't be suspicious but the wheels turning in my head and I'm already plotting his murder.

"Okay what's that look for?" Jodi asked coming to stand next to me when King walked out the door.

"It's some shit going on and you know a bitch like me is a P.I!" I told her.

"Some shit like what? Don't tell me we gotta cut a bitch." She said slicing the air.

"Nah we past cutting bitches, I'll strangle him and whatever bitch he fucking with. Let me find out!" I said.

"See don't you hate that shit, when you decide to give the nigga another chance and he show his ass?" She said.

"Man, what? These niggas gone learn to quit fucking with Brooklyn." I said pointing at myself.

"Ooh, the bitch speaking in third person, she done officially lost it."

I stood up and grabbed my keys off the coffee table. "Let's go I'm hungry but tomorrow I'm gone do the Carlie Redd, I'm leaving my phone in his car and tracking it from yo phone. I'm gone go get it and if he with another bitch he gone get it... And by it I mean these hands!" I told her slamming the door. She laughed.

"They done unleashed a monster." I looked at her.

"Man, what?" I said stepping on the elevator.
*
*
*
[...The Next Day]

I laid long ways across my king sized bed in a pair or lime green cheetah print lace panties and a black T-shirt, watching 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' and talking to Jodi.

"Bitch we did all that for nothing." She laughed as we talked about what went down earlier.

"Right, had me wasting my P.I skills." I said. We followed King this morning and that nigga don't do shit. We tracked my phone down all the way to East Atlanta where his grandma lives, he was a few houses over at the trap I guess counting up. "King lives a boring ass life." I told her.