10~ Memories of Lost

(I apologize everyone, this book has been so slow and it's been nearly a year since I've uploaded, I'm sorry I broke my original promise to you all... I've let you all down, but in return I hope you enjoy this small chapter I was able to make, I'm sorry if it's not what you expected... my English teacher is very supportive of my writing and is helping me through my times of hiatus, you have her to thank! If any of you would like to keep up with my writing progress, I suggest you see my Short Stores book! I'll be posting a few short stories there soon that I hope you'd enjoy! Also you can leave corrective criticism or story suggestions if you'd like on that book! Sorry for the small rant, and here's the story you've all been waiting for, sorry if it's a little short! ^^''')

Tigris' P.O.V

I was still in a state of pure and utter shock. It all seemed to happen so fast, way to fast for my mind to comprehend. I had found my lost granddaughter, and she discovered her powers, I truly never thought this day would come. After our meeting, I ran back to my exhibit, back where I stay at night, luckily, there was no one this late at night, so I could roam freely in my human form. I constantly paced back and forth for hours, it really was her, Dawn. I still couldn't believe it. She really did have her fathers gift, and his eyes. But luckily, she did not recognize me immediately, I can't begin to imagine what her reaction would have been. Since after all, I've always hated this cursed form.

To many's suprise, I was not born human, unlike Dawn and Corbin, I was born as an animal, a tiger. But immediately after birth, i was found and taken in captivity, I was almost killed. Before I was found by illegal poachers, Mammal shifters were thought to be extinct years ago. Soon after they captured me from my family, I was sold to a merciless scientist. The many experiments and test still haunt me to this day, but eventually I learned the extent of my power, and  planned an escape. Killing the unknown scientist and fleeing the building was the best mistake of my life. They knew I was gone, but could not do anything, I killing their boss.

After stumbling along a long road in my human form, i saw brought lights and many buildings. It was a city, but I had no where no go. Walking down a rugged sidewalk, I turned a corner and stumbled upon a young homeless boy. His name was Richard Anderson, Dawns late father. He was so young when I first found him, around six years old. The poor boy was purely terrified of me at first. I eventually gained his trust after taking him food I stole from markets every now and then. After promising him more food, he decided to accompany me, and I gladly raised him as my own son.

He took care of me, in both forms, and in return I found us a home, and he got a part time job to raise us a bit of money. Since I was born as a tiger, that form aged properly for me, but my human form aged slower. On the streets all I was looked at was as a young mother. But in reality, I was much older. My dear Richard did all he could to protect me, I even tried to protect him in turn. But I knew I couldn't protect him anymore, when he came home with a girl. Her name was Abagail Jones, she was beautiful, kind, and dangerous. Unknown to Richard, She had an aura surrounding her that I could not comprehend. Something ancient, something that reminded me of my dark past.

As I recalled these memories my mind became shrouded in darkness as I groaned, holding my aching head. I found myself tumbling to the ground, as I blacked out, swimming through the vast ocean of my memories, they all played for me like an old record.

A young boy runs through a large crowd, waving  to a woman with long orange-blonde hair. He jumped up at her, laughing and smiling. The tall woman, seeming to be in her late 20's, turned to see a young blonde haired boy.

The woman picks him up and smiles warmly, opening her eyes, her slitted golden eyes peered into the boys bright green ones. She lightly tickles his sides as he giggles and wiggles out of her grasp. She puts him down gently, and as soon as she did, he tightly hugs her legs.

The woman kneels down and hugs him in return, tears running down her tanned face. His smile never faded, as it only got wider. Facing her he wiped away her tears with his small calloused hand, kissing her on the cheek gently.

"I love you so much mom! I always will,  I'll even pinky promise!"

He giggled as he grabbed her hand gently and wrapped his small finger around hers. The two smiled and hugged once more, more tears of joy running down the woman's face.

The scene then fades to black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for reading! I appreciate everyone's continued support as I write this book, it all means so much to me to see people happy with my writing! ^^
< and I just wanted to mention, I put a small face reveal as my pf picture of anyone was interested, it's me in cosplay btw ^^>