Chapter 8

(AN: So here's Chapter 8... And also, thanks again for 230+ reads! wat. Thanks for the support! hehe)

Sherlock

I had to tell him. He wasn't going to let it slide any time soon.

"Well... I..." To be honest, I didn't know how to tell him. I was lost for words.

"We'll have to talk about this-"

"No," He cut me off. "Now. How did you survive the fall?"

There was silence.

"Once Moriarty had blown his own brains out, I alerted Mycroft immediately. Homeless network did the rest."

He sighs, obviously not a good enough explanation for him. John rises from the chair we were sitting in and goes into the kitchen. The explanation in my head didn't match the one I had just told him. But, that was all I was giving him - I knew he wasn't happy about it.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"Sherlock." John says suddenly, awakening me from my semi conscious state.

"What?" I retort, turning towards him, and John looks taken aback.

"You've been like that for the past hour. I was beginning to worry."

He always worries about me.

"Don't worry about me John. I'm fine."

"No, you are not fine. Admit it. You've missed this. The flat, Mrs Hudson, me? Come on Sherlock, have some respect for the people that care for you!" He huffs and sits down on his chair, his eyes focused on something else.

"I'm going out." I leap up from my chair.

"No you're not." John stands up. "Look... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you, I just wanted to let you know that I care for you."

He pulls me into a hug, and I am surprised by his sudden move to do that.

"I'm sorry, John." I say nothing more and leave the flat.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

The flat is silent when I get back.

"John?" I call. No answer. He must be in the shower.

Or he's just ignoring me for no good reason.

"Mrs Hudson?" I shout from the bottom of the stairs, and I frown. It's not normal for no one to be in the flat at this time.

Something's wrong.

I rush up the stairs, and I find it.

A note. Not in John's handwriting - in fact I can't tell who it is. Whoever this is, this person is smart.

Smart enough to take away the only person I loved.

The note read;

'Sorry Sherlock. Just had to do this for a bit of fun. -M"

I put the note down.

Moriarty is back.

(AN: Well, that was unexpected, wasn't it? Please don't hate me :(. . . Updating soon!)