City of Lies

Hey guys, im a huge fan of The Mortal Instruments and i would really like to know what happend when Valentine and Joceyln were young, so i wrote what i think happened.

Please tell people about this because if i dont get enough likes i dont know if ill continue. It depends on how good you think it is.

Thank you and i hope you like it :)

Chapter 1

Is love what they say it truly is? When the man you love walks into a room and makes you smile? When you see them and kiss them it brings tingles up your spine? Because I don’t know if that’s true, I have been alive for sixteen years yet I have found no love. No tingles up my spine, no smile when someone enters the room. So I finally decided to focus on my training for a while and take a break from men.

I’ve decided to go to Alicante to finish my Shadowhunter training with my best friend Luke Graymark. It took a lot of convincing from my parents but I got there.

I was just done packing when Luke walked in with his glasses sitting slightly of centre and wearing his old jeans and a top that said DON’T GIVE UP.

“Really?” I ask him a bit confused with the look he was going for.

“What? We are still around all the mundanes I think I should dress to impress” he told be with a grin on his face.

"Just put a jacket over the top please" I tell him.

"Fine, i will but you will regret it" he answers with a grin on his face.

I sigh and grab my bags and head down to the taxi. After saying all the goodbyes I place by bags in the back, but before I could get inside my mum hugged me again and said with pure concern “we will be there next week. Make the man drop you off one mile from the boundary of Idris and you will have to walk a bit.” She looks up at me and smiles.

“Okay mum” I kiss her good bye and hop into the taxi with Luke.

“You sure you want to do this?” he asks me

“I’m sure” I nod as I tell him “But do you?” That’s when I look at him. Luke has been having trouble with his training lately. He hasn’t been able to complete the simplest techniques and not even able to bear any marks. He was very behind on his studies.

“Of course, let’s just hope this school is as good as they say it is” And that was the end of the discussion.

I have been trying to get Luke to train with me and get me to teach him more but he would just refuse and say he is doing fine, but I know he isn’t, Luke was born a shadowhunter and if he can’t even do that then what would he do?

                                                                                 ***

When we got to our destination we paid the cab driver and started our walk to Alicante. I didn’t know what to expect at this new city, what do they wear, what do they eat, was studying hard? But the new and fun adventures were to come and I couldn’t wait to see what I would learn and who I would meet there.

The air was cold and night was falling. I was beginning to get tired so I got out my stele and drew a strength rune, and while I was at it I drew one on Luke. Even though he said he can do it himself I finally got to draw it for him.

After hours of walking I finally saw the lights of Alicante, the demon towers were beautiful, the moon shone of the glass towers which made the whole city bright up. “Wow!” I whisper

“It’s amazing isn’t it” Luke says while turning to look at me. He was tired with bags under his eyes, but he had a smile on his face.

“Yhea it is” Is all I say as I continue to walk to the breath taking city.

Sorry it's such a short chapter but it's only going to be a intro ill make the others longer.