Prologue

Welcome, everyone~

This is my first official story on this website so please tell me if you liked it or not. Thanks, and enjoy~

-Cyanide

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Aquamarine eyes flashed rather fearfully from beneath blonde locks at the two men who were close behind her, it felt like they had been following her for an eternity now….It started at school, they were outside the gates, when they spotted the blonde, it seemed as if they had begun traveling in the same direction as her, even through the shortcuts that were unusual in her route.

Why are these two following me…?

She gave a nervous sigh as she rounded a street corner, her thoughts scattered, her mind jumping to somewhat terrifying conclusions. She wished she’d asked her friend Rhea to walk home with her, she always knew what to do in times like these…especially because the city was so unsafe and the recent crime rates were shockingly high.

They could be murderers or rapists or drug dealers or-

Her thoughts began to go haywire again, taking off like a freight train when suddenly it was derailed by a hand atop her shoulder. The heat radiating off his palm did not give of an unfriendly aura, but she was clearly spooked by the direct contact, especially when in thought. She turned her head backwards slightly, expecting to be greeted with a cloth full of chloroform.

“Excuse me,” the stranger began, “your name is Lydia, right?”

Oh god, I’m going to die here…

“Yeah, that’s me,” she replied in a somewhat awkward tone of voice, shrugging the stranger’s arm off her should as if it were some kind of alien creature about to devour her heart and soul. “Can I help you two…?”

Standing at about 6’1”, the raven-haired stranger was rather intimidating, yet she continued to stare back into his mesmerizing viridian green hues as she questioned him, awaiting an answer. Despite her brave face, he could see the fear she kept hidden, flickering like a cave fire behind her own ocean hues.

“We’re lost-“

“We are not lost!” The other young man howled in protest as he laced his hands behind his back in somewhat of a rebellious position, his silver hair shimmering in the dull clouds above that trapped most of the sunlight, “Your dumbass just misplaced us, that’s it!”

“Don’t be so loud, Clyde…” The raven haired man insisted, rubbing his head with a sigh.

Wow…these guys are kinda weird.

“Well,” the blonde began, against her better judgment, “where are you headed?  I’ll try to help as much as I-“

“And we don’t need help from a civilian!” The silverette interjected, anger and frustration reflected in his strangely colored crimson orbs as he snapped at the girl, spooking her bit.

A civilian? What are these two, Russian soldiers? Tch.

A bit frightened and somewhat irritated, Lydia gave a long sigh as her hues traced the concrete sidewalk below them slowly, “…I need to get home, if the two of you don’t mind.”

Clyde, you’re scaring her…can’t you at least try to be pleasant?

The raven-haired man thought, his message entering into the somewhat rouge-ish mind of his silver haired, red eyed friend beside him.

There’s nothing to be scared of! It’s not my fault she’s so easily intimidated!

The silverette replied mentally, all the while watching as Lydia’s trepid blue eyes traced over the sidewalk before returning to eye him and his partner rather suspiciously. He could tell she didn’t want to be in their presence any longer… she just didn’t wish to be rude.

“I’m sorry, this is Clyde Ballantyne and he can be a little moody sometimes, but he’s really harmless. My name is Zenon Warren.”

“It’s nice to meet you two, but I should really get going so…see you guys around,” the blonde replied with a somewhat awkward smile, turning away from the both of them with a subtle attempt to walk away, however, Clyde, the silverette, took her arm rather roughly and yanked her backwards against her will.

Ocean blue hues shot daggers at the man who still hadn’t released her arm, she took in a sharp breathe and prepared to scream if she had to. The other man, Zenon, managed to pry Clyde’s fingers off of her delicate arm with an apologetic look toward the girl.

“Just tell us where Terra Sol Drive is,” the silverette practically demanded, Lydia’s orbs widening considerably as he did so.

Terra Sol…? There’s no way I’m letting these two lurk around next to my house, no way in hell!

The blonde’s hand shot up in a random direction, her mind not really focused on where the pair might end up, but rather the subject of keeping unwelcome guests out of a place she felt at home with, “Terra Sol is that way, okay?”

Now she’s lying…do you see how important it is to establish trust with her? She’s the one, Clyde…

Zenon shot a completely visible glare at his partner, Lydia catching onto it before Clyde himself could look up, and he almost immediately afterwards began to examine her arm for any bruises the brute may have caused, “I’m very sorry about his behavior…Lydia.”

“I-It’s alright, don’t worry about it,” her face flushed slightly at his concern for her,” s-sorry I can’t be of more use, but I’ve really got to get home.” She gave a polite bow and began to scamper of in the opposite direction, much like a lost puppy trying to make its way back home.

Trust, huh? What a bunch of bullshit…